Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Think they do because they took mine as I wont have another app at hospital til 30 wks

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Ugh :( Sorry I asked now!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

hi all,

so all day yesterday baby was much quieter than usual. it is very active and the moves are strong but not yesterday. and waslike that from the night before. so rang caredoc then maternity unit and they said sure come in and we will do a trace.

got there and midwife was soo nice. i felt baby move on way down in the car (typical :rolleyes:) took midwife over 5 mins to find heartbeat and she even said 'so when did you last feel the baby move?' heart failure like but i knew i had felt a bit of light movement. eventually found the heartbeat. little monkey! about to put the trace on and the doc arrived and said she would do a scan. i was delighted. all was fine. baby had just flipped positions and was now facing with legs and arms facing my back and my placenta is at the top of my uterus so that was absorbing some kicks. the relief.

and i wasnt made to feel silly or anything and doc and midwife both said dont hesitate to come back if i have any worries as it is always better to get checked out.

then last night as a result i was treated to some wonderful kicks and moves from my little monkey :D

26 weeks now . so nerve wracking! just want all to be ok! baby moving seems to have taken pressure off my belly somehow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Hey everyone,

Aw Red Fraggle deligthed everything is ok... it's scary when you can't feel them moving after getting used to all the kicks and jabs, I had a midwifes apt last Thurs and she said the movement will feel like it's calmed down alot now, no more somersaults as the baby has less room... I'm sure a few of you new that already but I wasnt thinking it would happen already! Can still feel it moving away, just different now.

I'm 29 weeks now and midwife thinks I'm measuring aboout a week ahead, and has said that at the last couple check ups, so theyl do an ultrasound at 34 wks to confirm if she still thinks the same, only a week in the difference but I'm sure I'd be glad to have it a week earlier when I'm big as house!

I've put on 35 pounds already,,, it's shocking even to write that number down.... it's mostly on my bump tho... I still fit into the same size clothes (same size jeans with maternity band) and have gotten maternity tops tho, and even tho I feel huge people keep telling me they wouldnt even think I was 29 weeks along... so I don't know.. maybe they're just being kind!! I used to cycle 18k round trip to and from work everyday and go to the gym so obviously amn't doing as much hardcore exercise anymore, still walking and swimming most nights but piling on the pounds, the midwife said not to worry coz everything seemed fine - just got a fright when I got on the scales considering the guideline on the internet said I should only gain 35 pounds the entire pregnancy... and I've still 11 weeks to go. ah well I'm not too worried about it now... once the baby's ok :-)

I was shocking tired the last couple weeks but the doc put me on iron tablets so feeling much more alive again! Went bowling with the boyfirend on Sat and had to get him to tie my shoes as there was no chance of me reaching them,,,, couldn't stop laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 aniwa

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Haven't actually weighed myself since the 12 week appointment!

Thought I was getting away with all the weight going on the bump but I had a proper look in the mirror the other day and my legs are bloody ginormous! Have been feel so stretched in the tummy this week I may be about to burst soon.

Does anyone know what happens at the 28 week hospital appointment? Do they take blood again?

Hi, I had my 28th week appointment today and they took the blood. I've been told it's a new standard now. I'm in Rotunda.

• Advertisement

aniwa wrote: »
    Hi, I had my 28th week appointment today and they took the blood. I've been told it's a new standard now. I'm in Rotunda.

Thanks Aniwa I'm in Rotunda too so better start psyching myself up for that:rolleyes:

It's probably a good thing as I was just thinking today that my iron levels might be low as I feel awful tired again just like I did in the beginning-almost fell asleep on my desk today and then went straight to bed when I got home!

Thanks Aniwa I'm in Rotunda too so better start psyching myself up for that:rolleyes:

It's probably a good thing as I was just thinking today that my iron levels might be low as I feel awful tired again just like I did in the beginning-almost fell asleep on my desk today and then went straight to bed when I got home!

They do full blood count.
    Do you take the iron supplement? I was told to take Galfer FA at my first appointment. They recommend this now over the pregnacare. I take pregnacare every second day anyway and on the other day the iron. I would get tired but that is probably after running after my 17th month old :)

I've just been taking the Pregnacare so far,
    she did mention Galfer at the first appointment but she said I'd be told if I need to take it!
    Might try and get some now anyway as my appointment isn't actually until I'm 29 weeks which is August 28th.

I've just been taking the Pregnacare so far,
    she did mention Galfer at the first appointment but she said I'd be told if I need to take it!
    Might try and get some now anyway as my appointment isn't actually until I'm 29 weeks which is August 28th.

Pregnacare already has iron so you are getting some anyway. I threw away the galfer fa box so don't know which one has more iron. Both have folic acid which is also essential during pregnancy.

Btw, they only took one "bottle" of blood so it was quick. Hope you'll have good results :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

your all much braver than me I havnt weighed myself since I became pregnant Ill save that treat untill after the baby is born. I am attending the rotunda but doing the midwife led care so all being well I wont be back in the hospital until Im in labour. I have my first midwife apointment on the ninth of september so ill be 28 weeks then. I havnt used the midwife led care before as it wasnt in my area has anyone else used it? Im not sure what to expect? Im guessing its the same test and things they do in the rotunda, it will be so nice to only drive down the road for appointments instead of trecking into town.

aniwa wrote: »
    Btw, they only took one "bottle" of blood so it was quick. Hope you'll have good results :)

Ok I feel a little better knowing its only one 'bottle' I have bad veins! Bought the galfer recommended inside the white appointment book today so will try that for the next week and see how I get on thanks! What else did they do at your appointment just blood pressure and urine sample? Did you speak with a doctor?

Ameee- I was thinking of inquiring about the midwife care coz I think they do it in Blanch near my mam;) but as I'm working in town I didn't bother coz its actually easier to just go to the Rotunda itself during the week, so I'm absolutely no help to you!

Ok I feel a little better knowing its only one 'bottle' I have bad veins! Bought the galfer recommended inside the white appointment book today so will try that for the next week and see how I get on thanks! What else did they do at your appointment just blood pressure and urine sample? Did you speak with a doctor?QUOTE]

The doctor did ultrasound (very brief, just to check the heartbeat and fluids around the baby), then midwife checked urine sample, blood pressure and took the blood.
    Just in addition to galfer, I mentioned before I take it every second day that's because midwife told it can make you constipated. Definitely don't want that ;)

i have 28 week appt next tue. hopin they check the fluid as ive more discharge which i know is normal but it is just so much more watery than usual (as in on my last pregnancy i think or did i pay this much attention first time. who knows!) :rolleyes:

also anyone eating extra choc or sweets. on my first i was very good and would only eat say a few biscuits OR chocolate etc. now its both and i could eat so much.

i dont eat LOADS of crap. maybe a bar of choc and some bickies or some crisps and choc.i think this is more than i should but i have to have it! i dont eat it during the day, just at night. i just have to have it. then feel guilty after having it! anyone else like this?

Oh yes i have developed a shocking sweet tooth i am trying my best to keep it to a minimum but my self control doesn't seem to be working very well, my husband has decided to become a feeder which doesn't help!

ameee wrote: »
    Oh yes i have developed a shocking sweet tooth i am trying my best to keep it to a minimum but my self control doesn't seem to be working very well, my husband has decided to become a feeder which doesn't help!

:D:D my husband hasnt but i wouldnt mind if he brought home something every night!!!!! obviously best if he doesnt! YES self control is not something i seem to have much of with regards to my sweet tooth!!:rolleyes:

Oh yes, love sweets. Lately it's a bounty bar after each lunch. Can't help it :)
    Things like biscuits don't work for me, it has to be choclate.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

Hi everyone, was just wondering if anyone else is killed with indigestion/reflux, not even sure what to call it, its not heart burn, just have this constant feeling of acid type stuff repeating on me... Has anyone any tried and tested cures or anything to alleviate the situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Yea its awful :( i use rennie or if very bad gaviscon. Helps a good bit but not completely I find it worse at night.

Anyone having nightmares? Im getting to d stage im nearly afraid to go to bed :(

Don't know if I'd call them nightmares, but definitely having very vivid strange dreams that wake me up during the night... Pregnancy is so strange, it literally affects every part of you...

• Advertisement

yes I am forever at the gaviscon, I cant eat anything without having heartburn I even wake up with it. I have been having a lot of really strange and vivid dreams although I was wondering if perhaps I always dream like that and Im just waking up a lot more often at night with bladder, heartburn and so on and so Im more aware of my dreams?

It could be that alright. I ve always said that I never dream, but maybe now Im not sleeping aswell I m more aware of dreaming.. Hard to know...Finally gave in and bought myself some Gaviscon and Rennies today. I was trying to stay away from them, but I just couldnt stick it anymore... 26 weeks and I reckon it'll probably get worse before it gets better...

i get an acid feeling in my throat on and off. not nice and usually happens in bed or in car when i cant get a glass of milk!

not sure about teh dream but i do feel like things are crawling on me sometimes. and one time i did wake up in bed with an earwig on my belly!!!:eek:

Hey everyone,

Yea I've been having mental dreams... so vivid.. I do think that waking up so often makes me remember them more... I feel wrecked some mornings as my dreams have been so active I feel like I havn't even been asleep haha.

Have a lot of pelvic girdle pain at the moment... have had it on and off but now it's back with avengence... I'm like an aul one hobbling around some days :-( have a physio apt Thurs so hopefully getting a proper brace or something to help me out.

Have a 3d scan next Monday aswell when I'll be 31 weeks... can't wait for that! I was never sure about them but now I have it booked I'm dying for it! Is anyone else getting one?

Has anyone decided on names yet? has taken ages but finally starting to narrow some down with my OH... though they will probably change over the next few weeks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭puddle duck

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is well.
    I am 29 weeks now. All going well, our little boy is taking it easy on me. I wish i could say the same about work. I cannot wait to start my maternity leave I have another 7 and a half weeks of work left. I am finishing up 3 weeks before my due date - i am just finding it so stressful at the moment. I was in the Rotunda last week for my 28 week checkup and all went well - urine, blood test and quick scan. we moved house recently so shopping for baby stuff has stopped - the big things left to get are his pram, and sort out the bag for the hospital.
    Time is flying by.

Packing the bag! I forgot about that. When will you pack yours? We still have some time, don't we? I'm also 29 weeks.
    I am counting the weeks now, also thinking about going on ML 3 weeks before due date. I would go now if I could, just couldn't be bothered with work. I have few days off booked in Sept so really looking forward to this.
    Definite must do before the due date for me is going to hairdresser. I know that for good few weeks after the baby come it will be the last thing on my list.

29 weeks tomorrow :-0 also have my '28week' appointment tomorrow- any of you ladies going public in Rotunda any idea how long it will take?- want to tell work whether to expect me back after or not!

I'm also going on Maternity Leave almost 3 weeks early- some days I feel so stressed in there I worry its going to force me into early labour think the pregnancy makes me more stressed too though I swear I never let these small things get to me before!

@Aniwa- I just got my hair done this weekend, having suffered with morning sickness so long I couldn't face going until now but I feel like a new person after having it done, will hopefully get it done just before due date too coz you're right will be the last thing I will have time to do after!

No bag packing done here yet either- I have neither the bag nor the contents but also have a week off in September so will be on my to-do list for then.

Still have only had one real conversation about names where we agreed on only one name- would like to discuss it a bit more so that I have a little list to choose from!

29 weeks tomorrow :-0 also have my '28week' appointment tomorrow- any of you ladies going public in Rotunda any idea how long it will take?- want to tell work whether to expect me back after or not!

I'm also going on Maternity Leave almost 3 weeks early- some days I feel so stressed in there I worry its going to force me into early labour think the pregnancy makes me more stressed too though I swear I never let these small things get to me before!

@Aniwa- I just got my hair done this weekend, having suffered with morning sickness so long I couldn't face going until now but I feel like a new person after having it done, will hopefully get it done just before due date too coz you're right will be the last thing I will have time to do after!

No bag packing done here yet either- I have neither the bag nor the contents but also have a week off in September so will be on my to-do list for then.

Still have only had one real conversation about names where we agreed on only one name- would like to discuss it a bit more so that I have a little list to choose from!

It took me nearly 2 hours in the hospital for my 28th week appointment. Wait is always long in Rotunda, I also had a good chat with the doctor. That's why it took me a bit longer that usual, but I'd say 1,5 h is normal.

Is this your first pregancy Briar Patch?
    I was very senstitive in my first one too. Just like book wrote: stressed, moody, crying for no reason, constantly thinking of what's going on in the bump. This is my second and it's so much laid back. I have 17th month old at home so I don't even have time to contemplate this prenancy.

Hope your appointment went well :)

Whoops I hadn't even thought of a hospital bag yet... must get onto that. have a pram and car seat so far... so at least I'm somewhat organised!!

I've 7 weeks left in work... working til 2 wks before my due date, well that's the plan anyway.

Just back from the physio.. have spd... lovely.. they gave me a brace tho so hopefully that will help... she said do loadsa swimming and rest for the next few weeks... I think I can manage that ... my plan is to do feck all this wkend anyway, can't wait. So glad I don't have a 17 month old to be running after Aniwa... better enjoy that perk this time around :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Have my 28 week appointment in the Rotunda today, 28.5 at the min. There must be a fair few of us going to the same hospital. I'm doing combined care with the midwives, so hopefully will be in & out within 30 mins. My appointment is at 1.40 though, so won't be going back to work afterwards, wouldn't get back til 3 so wouldn't be much point!

Haven't even started my hospital bag yet, will get my daughters neutral vests down from the attic over the next few weeks & make sure that they're all suitable for wear. Hoping to pick up witch hazel, maternity pads, clary sage oil & suitable pj's or nightdress in town today, so at least that'll be a start. Not too worried about my bag though, as I don't think I've much to buy this time.

Advertisement