Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

I'm due on the 29th of November and I ll be attending Wexford... Getting kinda nervous now. Down for a scan Tuesday week as I have a low lying placenta... So we ll see how that goes, of its still low, she could be coming quicker than we think...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 legofan

Wow that is nerve wracking and cool, Now that I have 5 weeks to go and it is safe for my little guy to come I would welcome him early:D It is such a time of both excitement and worry, I hope the excitement is greater:)

Good luck with the scan on Tues Gonzp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I've been straddling this and dec thread for a while. I'm down for 29th nov in rotunda also. Really had myself convinced it'd be dec cos initial date was for the 5th and I just never adjusted to the new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

wow! hope everything goes ok. keep us updated!

Baby girl born tonight just after 6, she's 4 pounds 2 ounces, will have a stayin the incubator but all well just small

Congrats Calhoun, I hope mum and baby are doing good, this is where the fun begins, enjoy;)

• Advertisement

Calhoun wrote: »
    Baby girl born tonight just after 6, she's 4 pounds 2 ounces, will have a stayin the incubator but all well just small

Congrats on the birth of your baby girl... glad all is well for Mam and babs... Enjoy....

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Congrats Calhoun- our first birth for our list- hope both are doing well and home in no time!!

Calhoun's Wife- 4th Nov- *Girl Born 6th Oct*
    Chuckster - 4th Nov - Australia
    puddle duck - 8th Nov - Rotunda
    Courtney1234 - 11th Nov - Coombe
    Legofan - Nov12th - Donegal
    sweet chilli - 12th Nov - Rotunda
    BriarPatch- 13th Nov- Rotunda
    phat Albert's wife - 14th Nov
    petite lapin - 15th Nov
    Oral Slang- 18th Nov
    red fraggle - 21st Nov-Wexford
    ameee - 27th Nov-Rotunda
    Kandr10 -29th Nov- Rotunda
    Gonzp- 29th Nov- Wexford
    whatever_fools - 30th Nov - Rotunda

Legofan- I think you are right about the birth programmes not helping the anxiety I think I will lay off them from now on!

Best of luck with your scan tomorrow Gonzp!

Thanks a mill for the good luck for tomorrow, but its actually Tuesday week...maybe I didnt say that.. I have my fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in updating, been busy all day as you will appreciate. What can i say she is tiny but perfect :), she seems to be feeding well through the tub going into her stomach so much so she had used both bodily functions.

My wife got to hold her, do some skin to skin and things were going so well they tried to see if she would start feeding. She tried doing it pretty well but my wife is not yet expressing, its good however as they gave here a passifier type thing to stimulate it and she was having none of it so this is a positive sign. Other than that she hates being disturbed the disgruntled head on her when she is changed or anything, i can tell from this that her lungs are developing wow.

My wife is on the mend also, she was up and about for a bit today and we got her all cleaned up. We are hoping she will be allowed out by the end of the week but i suppose not to soon as we dont want to leave baby in hospital on her own at the same time.

Hoping both of them will be out in the next 2 weeks :).

Good luck to the rest of you guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭crunchie1

hi..also due 29th nov with our second..counting down the weeks now. was induced with our first, so hopefully won't go over. Getting a LOT of braxton hicks tho..Congrats Calhoun hope all is well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Calhoun wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in updating, been busy all day as you will appreciate. What can i say she is tiny but perfect :), she seems to be feeding well through the tub going into her stomach so much so she had used both bodily functions.

My wife got to hold her, do some skin to skin and things were going so well they tried to see if she would start feeding. She tried doing it pretty well but my wife is not yet expressing, its good however as they gave here a passifier type thing to stimulate it and she was having none of it so this is a positive sign. Other than that she hates being disturbed the disgruntled head on her when she is changed or anything, i can tell from this that her lungs are developing wow.

My wife is on the mend also, she was up and about for a bit today and we got her all cleaned up. We are hoping she will be allowed out by the end of the week but i suppose not to soon as we dont want to leave baby in hospital on her own at the same time.

Hoping both of them will be out in the next 2 weeks :).

Good luck to the rest of you guys :)

congrats! thats great everyone is doing well.;)

Hi all

I had scan today and baby has turned which is great news, now I am super excited and cant wait for baby to engage.

Calhoun it is good to hear that all is well with mum n baby.

That's good news legofan!

My GP checked last week to see if the head was engaged yet but it's not, I found the checking itself was actually quite sore so I'm in for a rough ride!

Finally got down to packing my labour and hospital bag, still need to figure out how to squish a few more items in there but I feel more organised that I was.

Received my letter from the maternity benefit section back today, feels like I sent it a long time ago, they leave it quite late to reply don't they? this Monday is 2 weeks will be my first proper day off on Maternity leave! Really looking forward to it as am having very restless nights sleep so it will be great to not have to get up to any schedule in the mornings!

BriarPatch wrote: »
    That's good news legofan!

My GP checked last week to see if the head was engaged yet but it's not, I found the checking itself was actually quite sore so I'm in for a rough ride!

Finally got down to packing my labour and hospital bag, still need to figure out how to squish a few more items in there but I feel more organised that I was.

Received my letter from the maternity benefit section back today, feels like I sent it a long time ago, they leave it quite late to reply don't they? this Monday is 2 weeks will be my first proper day off on Maternity leave! Really looking forward to it as am having very restless nights sleep so it will be great to not have to get up to any schedule in the mornings!

actually i still didnt get anything back about my maternity pay! hmm wonder should i ring!!

i still havnt my bag packed but i do have a few items ready on the spare bed and have baby clothes ready to be washed so this week is it! back to my doc tomorrow and im thinking he might sign me off. ill be 35 weeks thursday.

if only starting maternity leave would mean no early mornings or schedules for me! dont think my 21 month old would be up for that! but it does mean that i get to spend more time with her and she is great craic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Congrats Calhoun, delighted that the baby arrived safely & is doing well!

Was 35 weeks yesterday, finishing up in work on the 31st of October, but I only do a 4 day week & have 2.5 days holidays left to use, so only really have 8 work days left. Can't wait, really getting uncomfortable now. Have my labour & baby bags almost packed, a lot of things getting thrown in as I remember them. Still need to get new electrode pads & batteries for my tens machine - most important item in my bag & also blow up my ball so I can start using it.

How many packs of green pads has anyone bought? Can't for the life of me remember how many I used last time. I've 2 packs that I've packed, but would prefer to have enough at home, to spare my other half the embarrassment of having to buy me more if I am not up to going out & about to buy them.

Had a scan today and all is well, the placenta is not in the way and there is nothing stopping a natural birth... She's a normal weight too, well slightly above average, but should be nothing like the nine and a half pounds predicted by my gp... I hope ;-)... So happy enough now.. Everything is as it should be... 6 weeks on Friday... May start packing my bag...

got signed off work today! :D 3 weeks earlier than i was planning but im just too tired and back ache and headaches are annoying me!! il be 35 weeks thurs.

baby wash put on tonight.;) ive only bought one pack of pads so may go buy more! think i used a good few last time. think it went on for 6 weeks but obviously wasnt as bad as the weeks went on. think ill buy another 2 and then ill have 3. may locate a list of what to put in bag!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Well Ladies... not long to go now!!! just over 2 weeks for me (well once I don't go overdue) ... it's still just gradually sinking in for me!

Glad everyones scans etc are all good & congrats Calhoun on your little one.

Red Fraggle that's great that you got signed off.. have to look after yourself. I'm finishing up tomorrow and I CANNOT WAIT! I'm so bloody exhausted.... just really looking forward to chilling out next week, have a prenatal massage booked for Monday and I just intend to go to that, swim, and relax.. all week :-)

I did my baby wash a couple weeks ago but havn't quite progressed to packing the bag so will deffo do that over the wkend, my OH was freaking out about it as he is worried enough about getting me to the hospital in labour without having to deal with packin my bag coz I was too lazy, ah it's funny though. I'm actually seeing a whole other side to him since the later stage of my pregnancy.. he's been so good,,, he does be chatting away to the bump & any time I toss or turn in bed he is awake instantly making sure I'm ok and tucking me back in... very funny, I'm always trying to hold in the laughter :-)

Just a waiting game now. can't wait to see whose next!

a quick question ladies, I have 3 weeks to go and I have been having a pain in my right ribs it has been on and off for a few days, I am thinking it might be the babys bum putting pressure on my ribs, is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

legofan wrote: »
    a quick question ladies, I have 3 weeks to go and I have been having a pain in my right ribs it has been on and off for a few days, I am thinking it might be the babys bum putting pressure on my ribs, is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Get used to it for the next few weeks. Its just pressure so dont sit in the same position for too long. Lying down or walking around helps :)

• Advertisement

Yea I've had the same pain in my right ribs aswell... it was the baby pushing against them... anytime i sneeze i feel like my rib or sternum will break!! it has calmed down this week though so the baby must have shifted position....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

How are people sleeping?

My gf has 2 very sore shoulders from sleeping on her side, and sleeping any other way is too awkward. Plus she keeps waking up at 5:30 and can't get back to sleep.

Jester, I think sleep becomes non- existent as the pregnancy progresses, if its not the shoulders its the hips that hurt due to the extra weight. my solution was to grab cat naps where and if possible. plus I have had nights where I am awake from 4am bright as a button with absolutely no notion of sleep, again its part of the pregnancy!!oh the joys !lol

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭crunchie1

just the baby pressing against you..I had the same with first and also now with second feels like a big bruise in one spot but it's just the baby's foot pressing against me! had 34 week scan today all good tg..just the waiting game:)

yea i was asleep for a couple hours there but tried turn over in my sleep &the pain woke me up.... no chance of any more sleep for awhile so up watchin crap tv now (its 1am in Australia). it's the same everynite... and i rarely sleep past 5am but at least i am on mat leave now and can catch naps durin the day wohoo :-)

Jester, I think sleep becomes non- existent as the pregnancy progresses, if its not the shoulders its the hips that hurt due to the extra weight. my solution was to grab cat naps where and if possible. plus I have had nights where I am awake from 4am bright as a button with absolutely no notion of sleep, again its part of the pregnancy!!oh the joys !lol

This is me exactly!

I cannot describe to normal people how tired I am the past couple of weeks, 4 days left in work -so jealous of Chuckster and Red Fraggle and any other ladies already finished, hope ye are enjoying it!

Updating the list with Crunchie1!

petite lapin - 15th Nov
    Oral Slang- 18th Nov
    red fraggle - 21st Nov-Wexford
    ameee - 27th Nov-Rotunda
    Crunchie1 - 29th Nov
    Kandr10 -29th Nov- Rotunda
    Gonzp- 29th Nov- Wexford
    whatever_fools - 30th Nov - Rotunda

Sleeping is getting tough now and I'm just so tired all the time.. Still working away. I teach, so a classroom is not a place where I can take it easy...It's full on everyday.. Feel like a whale waddling around the room all day.. pain in my ribs, back and alot of pressure down below also...Can't wait till mid term....don't know if I ll make it back after, part of me thinks not and another part of me feels guilty... Hard to know if Im any good to them in this state...

due a month from today:D and to be honest i think im ready. im tired, cant sleep properly also. babys heels and elbows are trying their best to break through my sides and come out through the skin! hospital bag kinda packed. duno how i would cope if i was still in work!!

gettin a bit anxious also about babys arrival thinking will i remember what to do with a new baby. will i be able give both my toddler and newbaby enough attention, how angry will i be when ive no sleep!!!! how long will it taketo get used to no sleep cos i know ya do get used to it!

i am also excited though for E to meet her new sibling and us our new baby :D. just hope everything goes ok.

perhaps i should have put this in the moan thread!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Just updated this with my hospital - there seem to be a good few of us due, in the Rotunda around the same time.
    BriarPatch wrote: »
    Updating the list with Crunchie1!

petite lapin - 15th Nov
    Oral Slang- 18th Nov Rotunda