Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping World Deansgrange or Market Village Naas Road

Options
  • 11-03-2013 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any experienceof taking a stand/stall at either of these pop up shops.

I've visited both as a consumer justto see what they are like and any time I go, both have seemed very, very empty!Traders look bored and dying for a punter to come through the doors! Now perhapsI just visited at a bad time or on a slow day but you'd expect them to be busyenough on a weekend wouldn’t you?

I've gotten info from theorganisers but I'd just like to get some real feedback from businesses that’veactually used it - was there a high footfall, is it worth doing, did you atleast make your money back on the price of the stall?

Of if anyone knows any other goodweekend markets/pop up shops that can be booked on a short term basis thatwould be great.

My business is not food related sonot sure if farmers markets would be a fit. My business is retail/fashionrelated

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I have no experience of shopping world but I have heard some good and bad reports about market village. Market village has good days and bad days like everywhere and some weeks can be quite. I do think that over the next few months market village will get even busier.

Is it only indoors your looking for?

If you are interested in outdoor markets I find Balbriggan good and busy. Balbriggan is an early start but its very busy from 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Blondey82

Thanks for the reply, thats good to know about Market Village, I know its fairly new so Im sure it will take off even more when the good weather comes around.

I've been stung before after I did an event i did in citywest and it was dire, very bad attendance, so just wary of what other events/markets I do in the future.

I will look into Ballbriggan though, once its busy I dont mind if its indoors or outdoors :)

I find balbriggan very good and very profitable. Fairyhouse is another one thats very good. I think with market village your best to hold off for another while or keep visiting it yourself each weekend at different times and see what you think. Have you asked any of the traders out in market village what there experience and feeling is.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Blondey82

Thanks a mil, I think you right, I'll keep going to have a look and see how it improves. I didnt get a chance to chat with the traders but I'll try and suss them out the next time.

Do Fairyhouse allow retail style stands, or is it all food there? And can you book it on a week to week basis or is it a long term rental?

Thanks

There is a lot of retail stands in fairyhouse.

www.fairyhousemarket.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement