Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EXTREMELY foul tasting new head on T2.

Options
  • 11-03-2013 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

I just put a new head on my T2 and the taste and smell from it is REVOLTING. I nearly vomited. Just put fresh El Toros in there as well that I know is fine.

It's almost like the head is getting 200v and burning like hell. I've only it on a 650mah EGO-C, so it's not getting too much power or anything.

I'm actually considering throwing the whole T2 out. I'm definetly throwing out the juice I just filled it up with in case it's contaminated.

Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

you got any mod around to measure its resistance? maybe a dud.
    whats taste like? like burnt filler plastic taste?
    had similar before it was only like 1 ohm and was only bearable on like 2.9v, try another one...

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Yeah same thing happened to me when I put in a replacement head on my T2.
    I tried the tip in the video below but it didn't work for me, maybe I should have let the wicks dry, dunno I'm quite new to this.

I bought some T2s next but its hard to find replacement heads for them.
    Then I went for disposable T4s which are good but only carry 1ml of juice.

I might try the Vivi Nova next but am a bit worried about the same issues as the T2. Anyone have any recommendations?

Vivi Nova is much better than a Kanger in my opinion. Plus can be recoiled fairly easily. Yet to have a problem with Vivi Nova. Only issue with them is if you sit on them they will break.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

why would you sit on one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Head is about 2ohm. Went to change it and discovered I've no new heads :<
    After putting an old head in, letting it soak for a few minutes, afriad to touch it though. Can't describe the taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

as said before, cant go wrong with vivi (mini or normal) novas. there simply straight forward, painless and proven.
    next order do the switch, you wont regret it

The old head is fine, phew.

Thanks for the input stefan, but i'm trying to stop myself buying new stuff all the time. This is all becoming too much of a hobby. Trying to stick with my two T2s and going to give my aga-s another lash as well.

Vaperus wrote: »
    why would you sit on one

Well... that's personal

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

I got this from T3's before, it's like a chemical taste. I found it was because the juice wasn't getting to the coil so it was burning dry. For the T3 I ended up taking out a wick (there are three or so in it) and it was much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I found the opposite. I was getting the horrible burnt taste from my Mini Vivi Novas all the time. Its very rare indeed that I get it off the T2. And with the T2 when I do get it its just a dry burn and I simply need to take a pull without pressing the button on my ego to suck more juice onto the wick. When it happened with the Mini Vivi, That was it. Permanent burnt chemical taste that only a new atomizer head would get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Calibos wrote: »
    I found the opposite. I was getting the horrible burnt taste from my Mini Vivi Novas all the time. Its very rare indeed that I get it off the T2. And with the T2 when I do get it its just a dry burn and I simply need to take a pull without pressing the button on my ego to suck more juice onto the wick. When it happened with the Mini Vivi, That was it. Permanent burnt chemical taste that only a new atomizer head would get rid of.

I got 2 Anyvapes Mini Nova in the post today. Using one and all going well for a few hours until I noticed a burnt taste that got progressively worse throughout the day. I took out the burnt wicks and put in 2 fresh ones in, waited 10min for the juice to soak in... but still after a few drags the burnt taste re-appeared, way worse this time!

I'm now using my 2nd Mini Nova with a different juice and 1 wick removed and if this gets fecked up too I'm going back to the T4s or T3s with the bottom coil - if I can find replacement heads that is.

I'd almost have a fag but they taste even worse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

The regular vivi nova

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/wtwzs.nmanr/v/vspfiles/photos/vivi-nova-mini-kit-2.jpg?1345983266

Plus some wick and wire

You get three heads with the vivi nova. You can recoil / rebuild the heads really easily with some cheap-ass wick and wire.

You have one good coil/head in the vivi nova. You have two spare ones as backup.

As long as the wicks are fairly long and you tip it horizontally every so often... shouldn't burn. Never had any issues burning.

Only sometimes it stops giving good vapour clouds and throat hit. In this case it's because the juice is too sugary or thick and has clogged up the coil. Take out the dirty clogged up coil, swap it with one of the two backups. Later when you've got time, recoil the clogged up one.

Job done. I personally wouldn't use anything else, when it comes to clearomisers. If you get 2 mini novas then you have 6 heads/coils in total. Or four backups. Once you can recoil a head in 2 minutes, you'll end up never buying heads again.

I'm on my third head now from this batch from TBS and all are giving me dry hits.

It's like smoking silica.

I wonder if it's a bad batch? Maybe the T2 itself got ruined by the first bad head, but I can't see how..

If I hadn't of bought this dripper I'd be back on the fags.

Advertisement