Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INDIEPENDENCE 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Heading to the launch tonight, what's the story with it? Only a pleb who's never been to one before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Went to the gig Frightened Rabbit played last year in Mitchelstown that Curve Music organised and they were fantastic. Hoping that's a sign they play Indie!
    Have my Early Bird ticket booked, hope the weather gods are kinder this year!

P.S @curve music I work in events in marketing myself and would love to help out for free in marketing if needs be!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

DE LA SOUL|BASTILLE

KODALINE|AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR|BEARDYMAN|LE GALAXIE|BOSNIAN RAINBOWS|MMOTHS|PADDY CASEY|WE CUT CORNERS|THE ORIGINAL RUDEBOYS|FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND|HUDSON TAYLOR|SOAK|KRAFTY KUTS|YOUNG WONDER|WINDINGS|TOBY KAAR|UTAH SAINTS|LEWIS WATSON|THE HOT SPROCKETS|KING KONG COMPANY

LITTLE BEAR|CRY MONSTER CRY|ORLA GARTLAND|NO SPILL BLOOD|LEADERS OF MEN|VANN|MARK E|THE DEAD HEAVYS|THIS TOWN NEEDS GUNS|NANU NANU|SOLAR TAXI|PROTOBABY|THE REVENGE (INSTRUMENTS OF RAPTURE)|THE CHAPTERS|MYLETS|AND MANY MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

DE LA SOUL|BASTILLE

KODALINE|AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR|BEARDYMAN|LE GALAXIE|BOSNIAN RAINBOWS|MMOTHS|PADDY CASEY|WE CUT CORNERS|THE ORIGINAL RUDEBOYS|FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND|HUDSON TAYLOR|SOAK|KRAFTY KUTS|YOUNG WONDER|WINDINGS|TOBY KAAR|UTAH SAINTS|LEWIS WATSON|THE HOT SPROCKETS|KING KONG COMPANY

LITTLE BEAR|CRY MONSTER CRY|ORLA GARTLAND|NO SPILL BLOOD|LEADERS OF MEN|VANN|MARK E|THE DEAD HEAVYS|THIS TOWN NEEDS GUNS|NANU NANU|SOLAR TAXI|PROTOBABY|THE REVENGE (INSTRUMENTS OF RAPTURE)|THE CHAPTERS|MYLETS|AND MANY MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED

There's some great bands in there.. Presume there'll be a third headliner announced at some stage aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

DE LA SOUL|BASTILLE

You can add the Fratellis also to the list-nice line up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

And Many More to be Announced always seems to be the most interesting when it comes to Irish music Festivals.

Eod100 wrote: »
    There's some great bands in there.. Presume there'll be a third headliner announced at some stage aswell?

Dont be surprised if there is 2 more headliners?
    CFC007 wrote: »
    You can add the Fratellis also to the list-nice line up

Yea just seen the addition of them on the poster.
    521398_10151350564266545_1141499994_n.jpg

Also didnt they say one of the nights on the 2nd stage will be very loud so wonder could be these lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

very disappointing imo. De La Soul would be the only reason I'd like to go really, a few others perhaps too but most of them end up playing most festivals anyway (Le Galaxie, Mmoths, Young Wonder, Toby Kaar).
    didn't realise Bastille were any bigger than one hit single recently, certainly didn't think they'd be headliner material.

will probably give it a miss this year and head to Castlepalooza instead tbh.

Hot Press
    We’ll be in the thick of the action this year with the Deer Farm debut of the Hot Press Hot Spot, which will feature a cheeky mix of signings, public interviews and live music and comedy performances. Stay tuned to hotpress.com for details

Had to laugh at people complaining how Glasto has a better line up then INIDE :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,617 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DE LA SOUL|BASTILLE

No Bressie :p

Had to laugh at people complaining how Glasto has a better line up then INIDE :confused::confused::confused:

People need a sense of perspective. For a small festival with a very tight budget (assuming given my own experience in organising events) they are doing superbly and getting some really good international acts complemented by great homegrown talent

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Thanks for all the feedback. More acts to be announced all the way up to July including more headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's not a bad lineup, but I agree with an earlier poster who said it has quite a few bands who would be at a lot of festivals this year anyway, the kind of ones who you'd almost expect.

Corholio wrote: »
    It's not a bad lineup, but I agree with an earlier poster who said it has quite a few bands who would be at a lot of festivals this year anyway, the kind of ones who you'd almost expect.

I think thats an unfair complaint. The likes of Le Galaxie, Toby Kaar need to play the festival circuit in Ireland. Its not like they are milionnairres and can choose to do just one festival date. It would also mean Indie would have to find lower profile bands that wont have the same drawing power

There is some crossover at each Irish festival but there'll be crossover at Reading, Leeds, T in the Park and Glastonbury. The alternative for us would be to source all our acts outside Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Are De La Soul really main stage headline material?

I'm a fan of them, have seen them a couple of times and they can be brilliant or really poor. They did a set in the Heineken Green Energy days down Centre Park road before the Live at the Marquee thing kicked off and it was brutal. They were on stage for less than 40 minutes and didn't play anything from the Art Official albums that were out at the time.

That said 2007 in the Savoy was excellent.

I'd be worried about them on a main stage headline slot.

Other than that tis a cracking line-up. Fair play to Indiependence.

civilnug wrote: »
    Are De La Soul really main stage headline material?

I'm a fan of them, have seen them a couple of times and they can be brilliant or really poor. They did a set in the Heineken Green Energy days down Centre Park road before the Live at the Marquee thing kicked off and it was brutal. They were on stage for less than 40 minutes and didn't play anything from the Art Official albums that were out at the time.

That said 2007 in the Savoy was excellent.

I'd be worried about them on a main stage headline slot.

Other than that tis a cracking line-up. Fair play to Indiependence.

Was at that Savoy gig. Did not realise it was that long ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Eod100 wrote: »
    Was at that Savoy gig. Did not realise it was that long ago!

Yeah I was looking at the date of it and couldn't believe it was 6 years ago, not to mind the Heineken gig which was 2002. Scary stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Well De La Soul were brilliant with the Gorillaz in 2010. I didn't think I'd be into them at all but when they were on I thought they were very good! They knew how to work a crowd and got everyone going.. Some great bands in here, I wasn't even aware that the Fratellis were back together but I looked it up and apparently they have been since last year!

Does this festival usually sell out? I'd imagine the fact that it's clashing with other festivals will mean it might not, right? I'd love to go! It's a great line up and for a really cheap price too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Favourite festival line-up so far.

Bastille, Kodaline, Le Galaxie, Hudson Taylor, SOAK, The Original Rudeboys, Young Wonder, Windings and Toby Kaar would be all worth watching.

I know there's a few more acts to be announced but I thought maybe Soldiers Can't Dance, Kid Karate or The Last Days of 1984 would be making an appearance this year.

deisedude wrote: »
    I think thats an unfair complaint. The likes of Le Galaxie, Toby Kaar need to play the festival circuit in Ireland. Its not like they are milionnairres and can choose to do just one festival date. It would also mean Indie would have to find lower profile bands that wont have the same drawing power

It's not an unfair comment because it's speaking as a consumer, I'm not one of these bands. I'm sure they have to do that, and it wasn't a criticism of the bands. I can only give my opinion on someone who attends festivals, not as the bands financial manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Corholio wrote: »
    It's not an unfair comment because it's speaking as a consumer, I'm not one of these bands. I'm sure they have to do that, and it wasn't a criticism of the bands. I can only give my opinion on someone who attends festivals, not as the bands financial manager.
    I think the thing worth bearing in mind is that Indie is still a festival very much in it's infancy.

Right now they're still giving alot of Irish acts a platform and with Bastille being added this year, here's hoping we'll see alot more up and coming British acts following their lead.

While there aren't many huge acts headlining - I think it's fair to say that it's still a few years from being able to pull in some of the acts you might be looking for.

D'Agger wrote: »
    I think the thing worth bearing in mind is that Indie is still a festival very much in it's infancy.

Right now they're still giving alot of Irish acts a platform and with Bastille being added this year, here's hoping we'll see alot more up and coming British acts following their lead.

While there aren't many huge acts headlining - I think it's fair to say that it's still a few years from being able to pull in some of the acts you might be looking for.

Not at all. They already did with Editors a few years back. But it's not even big acts or anything like that, don't know what quite gave you that idea. It's just a more inventive mix really I guess. De La Soul is an interesting choice and that pick caught my eye, but not so much with a lot of the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Any one have any guesses on who the other acts tba could be?

INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival
    We're going to announce a few more acts this week!

INDIE
    We are delighted to announce that INDIE13 will now feature New York Indie Rockers We Are Scientists, UK Indie Disco act Cymbals and more amazing Irish talent with the addition of Ryan Sheridan, Foy Vance, Trucker Diablo and last years Red Bull Bedroom Jam winners Walking on Cars! Stay tuned for more details!

Looking like an unreal line up this year tbh

Very good feedback from the latest batch of announcements and we promise there's more to come.

• Advertisement

All you need to do now is book these lads and ill be a very happy camper

Advertisement