Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INDIEPENDENCE 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kaislinn

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sold. Great line up. Love Funeral For A Friend too. Haven't seen them in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Would love to see Wallis Bird added.

Absolutely cracking price for the line up. A steal if you got early bird.
    I've never been before. Is there a good crowd/atmosphere?
    Is there 2 or 3 days of music? How many stages? What else is going on?

I can't resist it at that price :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Eathrin wrote: »

Absolutely cracking price for the line up. A steal if you got early bird.
    I've never been before. Is there a good crowd/atmosphere?
    Is there 2 or 3 days of music? How many stages? What else is going on?

I can't resist it at that price :D
    I've bee twice, in 2010 and 2011, and the crowd were great both times. Really chilled out in general but there's enough mad ***** (of the good kind) as well if you're into your partying. The last year I went, I don't think I even saw anyone who so much as looked like a potential undesirable. I don't think there's really much there to attract scumbags apart from a few local heads. The closest thing to "trouble" I experienced was some party animal who came out of his tent giving out to us because we were still up at 4.30am and he wanted to go to sleep. Lol, good luck.

Not really all that much going on apart from the music, from what I recall. The campsite and arena are pretty minimalist but I think that's a good thing when it means the ticket prices are so low. There's a silent disco anyway, not my thing at all but I know some people love the. The town's within walking distance/€5 taxi as well you want to pop in at any stage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sargent House Europe ‏
    Our #SargentHouseStage @Indie_pendence will feature @ASIWYFA_BAND @BosnianRainbows @TTNGuk @no_spill_blood @myletsband and one more guest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

935208_10151423825426545_1714008797_n.jpg

Swords are a great band.... You might even say they're deadly.

<_<

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Enemies and Miracle Bell.
    Brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Does anyone have any idea as to when the stage breakdown etc. will be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

Anyone know roughly when day tickets will be released?
    And a rough price?
    Would love to see Kodaline amongst others

• Advertisement

Getting my ticket for this on Friday. Can't bloody wait.

EDIT: Am I the only one hoping Funeral For A Friend headline one of the stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That_Guy wrote: »
    Getting my ticket for this on Friday. Can't bloody wait.

EDIT: Am I the only one hoping Funeral For A Friend headline one of the stages?
    Not sure what my story is with football/championship around that time but hopefully I'll be able to pick up a ticket soon enough - if so I'll catch ya for a pint TG!

D'Agger wrote: »
    Not sure what my story is with football/championship around that time but hopefully I'll be able to pick up a ticket soon enough - if so I'll catch ya for a pint TG!

Sounds good lad. Sure send me a PM with your number closer to the time and we'll organise the finest drinking session one can have with a few cans and crappy fold out chairs in a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Joe95

Anyone else on here volunteering at the festival this year? I'm still undecided and have to decide by Friday. I really want to but I don't know anyone who is going to the festival and it could be a little boring volunteering on your own.

Day breakdown.

1016885_10151512822851545_1767935507_n.jpg

I fear clashes on Friday night....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ilovechocolate

I really want to go but not sure how I'm fixed with work! Anyone any idea how fast they are likely to sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nellie Oleson

Hey, does anyone know of any private buses going from Cork City to Festval???

How strict are they on 13-17 y/o's having an adult 25+ with them? Me and a friend (both 16) want to go on Sunday but don't know anyone over 25 going

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

0000879k wrote: »
    How strict are they on 13-17 y/o's having an adult 25+ with them? Me and a friend (both 16) want to go on Sunday but don't know anyone over 25 going

You will need a 21 year old with you, website needs updating. They are strict on it.

You will need a 21 year old with you, website needs updating. They are strict on it.

Would it be hard to get someone to go with you down there?

• Advertisement

Would it be hard to get someone to go with you down there?

Yes, since they are considered responsible for you for the weekend. If you're found wandering without a guardian then you would more than likely be turfed out and they'll be called as your guardian.

Yes, since they are considered responsible for you for the weekend. If you're found wandering without a guardian then you would more than likely be turfed out and they'll be called as your guardian.

Surely it wouldn't be that hard for a day? I only want go on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Personally speaking I wouldn't help a 16 year old in if I'm likely to get in the sh1t if they are caught doing something they shouldn't be. I'm sure most people would be the same

Doesn't matter, you won't get in without a guardian.

Any word on when stage times are announced? Was sure they said they'd have them announced by yesterday.

got someone, s'all good

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bassfacewhy

Y'sure it's 21??? That's brilliant!

Y'sure it's 21??? That's brilliant!

My ticket says, "Under 18's accompanied by guardian over 25"

Mine's a camping ticket so not entirely sure if it's different for day tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kip Casper

Hi all. Thinking of going to this and just have two queries:

i) Does anybody know if tickets are likely to sell-out soon?

ii) Would any past-goers recommend the festival in general?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Kip Casper wrote: »
    Hi all. Thinking of going to this and just have two queries:

i) Does anybody know if tickets are likely to sell-out soon?

ii) Would any past-goers recommend the festival in general?

Cheers.

i) Probably not.

ii) Went last year and despite all the mud I had a brilliant time.

Advertisement