Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INDIEPENDENCE 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bassfacewhy

Balls, anybody know where I can find this out? I emailed them but it says they may not be able to respond to all emails
    No point in buying tickets if we can't go..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It's clearly stated on their website:
    A guardian is defined by INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival as a responsible individual capable of monitoring and looking after the actions of a minor at the event. Guardians must be 21 years or older.

No mention anywhere of 25 being the age apart from the ticket - I think that's a template age for Ticketmaster that they apply to tickets. Indiependence will be abiding by their own rules, not Ticketmaster's template.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Kip Casper wrote: »
    Hi all. Thinking of going to this and just have two queries:

i) Does anybody know if tickets are likely to sell-out soon?

ii) Would any past-goers recommend the festival in general?

Cheers.

It is great fun. I go most years, always have a ball. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HaelG

Planning on going to Indie this year but my friends have backed out and I don't wana miss it :(

Are there any gig buddy threads? I've gone to gigs alone before but don't fancy doing it for a whole festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

Kip Casper wrote: »
    Hi all. Thinking of going to this and just have two queries:

i) Does anybody know if tickets are likely to sell-out soon?

ii) Would any past-goers recommend the festival in general?

Cheers.
    Have been the last 2 years and would highly recommend it, doubt it will sell out soon but you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

grindle wrote: »
    It's clearly stated on their website:

No mention anywhere of 25 being the age apart from the ticket - I think that's a template age for Ticketmaster that they apply to tickets. Indiependence will be abiding by their own rules, not Ticketmaster's template.

Under FAQ's though it says: Q. I’M 17, CAN I GO TO INDIEPENDENCE?
    A. Yes, but you must be accompanied by a parent or responsible guardian who is over 25. Could be just a typo but maybe double-check to be safe.

If you're on facebook or twitter could ask them there. They're usually good for getting back to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Yay... just found out my husband has scored free weekend tickets through his work, absolutely delighted :D We live quite near, so no need to camp or pay for B&B's. Any idea when stage times will be announced? Want to start planning my weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

ncmc wrote: »
    Yay... just found out my husband has scored free weekend tickets through his work, absolutely delighted :D We live quite near, so no need to camp or pay for B&B's. Any idea when stage times will be announced? Want to start planning my weekend.

They said they've got their clash finder ready and will have it up by the end of the week. Not online yet though they've announced that We Are Scientists will be playing the main stage at 9pm on Friday.

They also said that Kodaline will be right before Bell X1 on the Saturday. Assuming main stage too but no times as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

heres hoping the weather cops on this year. they took their time about getting the hay out last year. really shouldnt have left it until the sunday!
    irregardless bring on the mud/sun! epic craic last year. lineup is pretty strong too.
    videos i have of the silent disco are epic! by the way everyone. you cannot sing.

also this wont sell out (i hope). oxygen is competing against it (which im glad of as the...less socially misbehaved will go to that i hope). they said they are expecting 5k. it has grown year on year, but with a competing festival this year i expect it to be around the same size. even last year there was room for another 5k. and its surrounded by more fields. people were camping in a field next door last year and all.

putting 5k in perspective, 9k is longitude capacity. and thats going to be a blast, but it doesnt have camping!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

The entire breakdown is in the new issue of Hotpress!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Gigsaw have tickets to give away

http://www.facebook.com/gigsaw.ie

INDIEPENDENCE tickets are going really well. Guarantee your place by winning two. Keep voting each day to win. https://www.arthurguinnessprojects.com/music/gigsaw-1

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Walking On Cars clashing with We Are Scientists. Boo-urns.

I understand that they're probably not for everyone but Funeral For A Friend only getting a 30 minute set is a bit crap. Should've bumped them up on the bill in another tent. Maybe switch Hot Sprockets with them. Just thinking out loud.

EDIT: Although perhaps it's a 45 minute set with a 15 minute change over... Ah who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

It's looking like I may not be able to go due to a championship match on the Monday which is upsetting because most of the acts I want to see aren't clashing - I think Mmoths - Le Galaxie - Kodaline - Bell X1 - King Kong Company, while slightly overlapping, would make for a great evening of music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

D'Agger wrote: »
    It's looking like I may not be able to go due to a championship match on the Monday which is upsetting because most of the acts I want to see aren't clashing - I think Mmoths - Le Galaxie - Kodaline - Bell X1 - King Kong Company, while slightly overlapping, would make for a great evening of music

One of the main reasons I packed in GAA, missed out on the Chilli Peppers in Slane, never been so gutted to miss a gig

threein99 wrote: »
    One of the main reasons I packed in GAA, missed out on the Chilli Peppers in Slane, never been so gutted to miss a gig
    Yeah it's a dose but fúckit - more money in the back pocket for a trip away some other weekend I guess!

D'Agger wrote: »
    Yeah it's a dose but fúckit - more money in the back pocket for a trip away some other weekend I guess!

So I take it our glorified knacker drinking isn't happening then? *sniffs*

That_Guy wrote: »
    So I take it our glorified knacker drinking isn't happening then? *sniffs*

Hopefully should know tomorrow my man, but should it happen it will be glorious! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Saw something today on facebook about a craft beer tent. Looks like there will be a selection of alternative brews and not just one watered down piss quality brand name beer to choose from like most other festivals.

Major bonus in my book, hopefully its a success and other festivals follow suit!

lc180 wrote: »
    Saw something today on facebook about a craft beer tent. Looks like there will be a selection of alternative brews and not just one watered down piss quality brand name beer to choose from like most other festivals.

Major bonus in my book, hopefully its a success and other festivals follow suit!

Excellent, hopefully the local 8 Degrees beers are available, they are lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Excellent, hopefully the local 8 Degrees beers are available, they are lovely!

No 8 Degrees - the sponsor is Molson Coors so it'll be the Franciscan Well's brands and a couple of others from Molson's stables. I doubt Molson would help bring their competition into the fold when they have such a large selection of beers they could sell for themselves

grindle wrote: »
    No 8 Degrees - the sponsor is Molson Coors so it'll be the Franciscan Well's brands and a couple of others from Molson's stables. I doubt Molson would help bring their competition into the fold when they have such a large selection of beers they could sell for themselves

Ah, well. FW will do me fine!

FW do a lovely red ale. Hopefully it won't be too pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anyone know of any buses running back to Cork each night? Really wanna go the Friday, but in work at 8am the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I put together a little Indiependence playlist, to get me in the mood for next week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFXcfEQ2Gv0&list=PLfW-NQrEFiP-MR5r1fk3x4NKUcBEUkjzP&index=1

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Horchata

Hi all

Just looking for some info...
    Is there any sort of bus service organised back to Cork city each night?
    I cant find anything on the website.

Got last minute tickets and all the accommodation in the area seems to be booked out (not suprisingly!)
    Failing buses, what price would we be looking at for a taxi back to the city?

Thanks in advance!

Horchata wrote: »
    Hi all

Got last minute tickets and all the accommodation in the area seems to be booked out (not suprisingly!)

Thanks in advance!

No there's nothing late night. A taxi to cork is about 100 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Horchata wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks in advance!

Just camp nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Horchata

The tickets are non camping..

Are there other campsites near by or...?
    Also we'll be arriving down late on Friday.

• Advertisement

Just upgrade your non camping ticket for a camping one? It'll cost 20 quid!!

Advertisement