Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INDIEPENDENCE 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I'm on in the comedy tent on Saturday at 5.

Drop in. I'm great.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Hi guys, my two friends and I are heading to Indie this year (can't wait) however it's the day after outright debs and we have to travel from Leitrim which will be awful ! So just wondering can anyone give us general tips and info about the festival and even just the camp site are itself ? (Easy knowing this is our first time at a festival)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

aoifemcg94 wrote: »
    Hi guys, my two friends and I are heading to Indie this year (can't wait) however it's the day after outright debs and we have to travel from Leitrim which will be awful ! So just wondering can anyone give us general tips and info about the festival and even just the camp site are itself ? (Easy knowing this is our first time at a festival)

Good bit of info on their website.

This might be of interest to you though. http://www.indiependencefestival.com/info/services/

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

This time next week lads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Do people usually head to the campsite at the opening time or is it a more laid back approach? Thanks

• Advertisement

Hot Sprockets and De La Soul clashing.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Walking on cars clashing with we are scientists. Hmmmmm bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

Hi All, we are thinking of bringing our smallies to indie, both love music and would like to give them their first taste of a live gig. we live nearby but are planning to camp , just for one night. Haven't been before- anyone know what family campsite is like?

Walking on cars clashing with we are scientists. Hmmmmm bollix.

Slightly annoying alright. Walking On Cars playing the Academy in December though so I'll get to see them this year eventually. Hard to know when We Are Scientists will be back over so I'll more than likely see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 FunkeeFresh

Hi all! Planning to travel down to this from Galway to catch the Sargent House goodness on Friday. Since day tickets are non-camping, we're looking at alternative sites. Is it possible to camp near-by (in a field or campground) or is the campsite in Fermoy the only other alternative??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

Will there be much space in the campsite Saturday morning?

Have weekend camping tiks but looking like I cant make the Friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ntut

First time heading to indiependence this year and just wondering how strict they are about bringing drink into the campsite, I saw on the website that your allowed to bring in 24 cans or 1 plastic bottle of spirits, just wondering if that means you can only bring in drink when you go in first? Thanks :)

ntut wrote: »
    First time heading to indiependence this year and just wondering how strict they are about bringing drink into the campsite, I saw on the website that your allowed to bring in 24 cans or 1 plastic bottle of spirits, just wondering if that means you can only bring in drink when you go in first? Thanks :)

Send them an email, they'll tell you straight away. They're very good to reply in fairness to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know what time the campsite opens on Friday?

Also, is bus eireann the only way to get to Mitchelstown from Cork city yeah (via public transport)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the campsite opens on Friday?

Also, is bus eireann the only way to get to Mitchelstown from Cork city yeah (via public transport)?

I assume campsite will be open from midday anyway if not earlier

Yep, bus eireann is the only option by public transport

• Registered Users Posts: 1 officer_dandan

Have weekend camping tickets for sale, not able to make the festival! Anyone know the best place to sell them on? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Have weekend camping tickets for sale, not able to make the festival! Anyone know the best place to sell them on? :)
    http://www.toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 26 FunkeeFresh

Is there anywhere to camp in Mitchelstown or around the festival area for a night? Only going down for the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Anyone know if there are any pubs within walking distance? Would like to watch the Mayo match on Sunday if possible.

12 element wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any pubs within walking distance? Would like to watch the Mayo match on Sunday if possible.

It's only a few minutes walk from the site to the town. Should be someone showing the match in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'm looking for one weekend camping to this if you're still selling - drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

First time heading to music festivals so I'm just after reading on the website about the drink restrictions and not being able to bring a gas canister in? Like we were planning to cook our food on a little gas stove thing, like it's very small, so would we still be able? Would save lot of money ! Also how strict are they with the amount of drink you bring?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

ike we were planning to cook our food on a little gas stove thing, like it's very small, so would we still be able? Would save lot of money!
    Nope. From their point of view you're essentially bringing flamethrower/bomb ingredients onto a site filled with pissheads. Terrible combination.
    Plus they don't want you to save money, their sponsors and vendors'll be wanting that.
    Also how strict are they with the amount of drink you bring?
    Fairly strict if they find it (if there's a long queue they'll spend less time rummaging through your stuff) but there's nothing stopping you getting a new slab of cans or bottle of spirits in each day, or maybe making a couple of journeys through the day - the town is only 10mins walk away.

Last year I parked on the main road outside. Anyone reckon we can just do this again and save a tenner?

Shameless plug for my article on the top 10 acts to see at Indiependence this weekend.

http://www.krank.ie/category/mus/top-10-acts-to-see-at-indiependence/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 digbychicken

Is toutless.com the best place to buy and sell tickets? Thanks!

Mod Edit: Your original post was being interpreted as a plug for ticket sales and subsequent posts were attempting to make deals. I've edited to make it less ambiguous. Selling tickets as I'm sure everyone here on Boards is aware is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

do you think someone under 18 would get in with a 22 year old?

edit: never mind, saw that it's 21, not 25

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

MAXFANTANA wrote: »
    Last year I parked on the main road outside. Anyone reckon we can just do this again and save a tenner?

we did the same. apparently garda are saying theyre gonna ticket and tow ppl who do that but they said the same last year too.
    they will barricade off all the areas you cant park i reckon. will be a first come first served. the main area outside the festival will need to be kept clear though.
    tbh if they wanna make some money as the govt do, i could see them doing a big tow move...
    grindle wrote: »
    Fairly strict if they find it (if there's a long queue they'll spend less time rummaging through your stuff) but there's nothing stopping you getting a new slab of cans or bottle of spirits in each day, or maybe making a couple of journeys through the day - the town is only 10mins walk away.

24 cans or one bottle (plastic) of spirits per person.
    seems a small bit low/high depending how you view it. im kinda wishing now there was 1L cans. or thinking of bringing a gallon of vodka. :P

i agree though should be able to bring more in and just argue that you had tent the first time in and couldnt carry more.. i reckon i wont bring everything in at once even
    Is there anywhere to camp in Mitchelstown or around the festival area for a night? Only going down for the Friday.

i remember about 10 tents in the field next door to the campsite last year.. dont know if maybe they knew the guy who owned the field..chances are they didnt..
    as for an actual campsite near i dont think there is one in mitchelstown to be honest. you may require toilet facilities etc if with women. id say you would be able to chance it, but always looks dodgy goin into a random field during the day and if ye are there just the first day it will be busy as hell along the road and look a bit dodgy..maybe set it up towards 8-9pm and should be alright? or camp in car?

Heading down on Saturday for the night - will there still be plenty of space in the campsite to pitch a tent do ye reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

there was 3/4 a field left last year - 1/3 a square km approx, and oxygen is on same time this year so im expecting only same crowd (5k expected)
    should be enough space :)

Advertisement