Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INDIEPENDENCE 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

Gobs*ite here left buying a tent til the last minute. Anyone seen any going in any dunnes or tescos near enough to cork city? Argos seem to be all out of any decent priced tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I made up an easy to read timetable. Print and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Fidelis wrote: »
    I made up an easy to read timetable. Print and enjoy!

Great stuff! Was finding it hard to read the official one and realised it's cos they put everything vertically instead of horizontally!

There's also some stuff happening in a few other stages:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151547711551545&set=a.10151547709366545.1073741828.293015881544&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Fawkon wrote: »
    Gobs*ite here left buying a tent til the last minute. Anyone seen any going in any dunnes or tescos near enough to cork city? Argos seem to be all out of any decent priced tents.
    Picked up a very nice 4 man tent in halfords in Mahon point a couple of weeks ago - might be worth checking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

My friend Adam won a ticket and decided to bring me, delighted!! Do you reckon they'll allow me bring a guitar in??

• Advertisement

FionnK86 wrote: »
    My friend Adam won a ticket and decided to bring me, delighted!! Do you reckon they'll allow me bring a guitar in??

Ya but only if you promise not to player Wonderwall on a loop! :P

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ya but only if you promise not to player Wonderwall on a loop! :P

Ah yes, the buskers motto...Keep Calm and Play Wonderwall:rolleyes: Nahh Im more a "Blur" type of guy, unfortunately no tickets to them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Do they sell rain ponchos inside the festival?

Do they sell rain ponchos inside the festival?

Just bring bin liners:P, they're cheaper, more reusable and no one will be looking strangely, im sure they're will be someone selling ponchos at ridiculous prices though:(

Anyone now if the X8 from Dublin-Mitchelstown will be full by the time it reaches Portlaoise at 11:15, i have to get a bus to portlaoise and wondering should i get an earlier one to avoid the risk of waiting for the next one:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

shameless plug that everyone should check out under a plastic cloud at the darkness stage each night at 1am, know the DJ & he's pretty good I must say :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

most stages finish before then so the crowd will be quelling to there or back to campsite anyway. im hoping that last band on sunday are a daft punk tribute.

weather is shocking btw. friends mother is from there and said its raining cats n dogs. tis gonna be a repeat of last year. and once again no gazebos allowed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Another shameless plug for some guys I know:

On the main stage on Saturday at 5. Not long to wait, now lets just hope the weather improves!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

kenyard wrote: »
    most stages finish before then so the crowd will be quelling to there or back to campsite anyway.
    He'll be competing against 3 other stages at that time... But he sounds great so I'll prob be there unless I get dragged elsewhere by the hivemind.
    kenyard wrote: »
    im hoping that last band on sunday are a daft punk tribute.
    They are.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

I live about a mile from the site and the ground is grand now, a bit soft but a lot better than when starting off last year. After a few hundred people have walked over it, it probably will be very mucky anyway so, WELLIES PEOPLE!!! :P

sunny enough here at the moment, hopefully it stays that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

FionnK86 wrote: »

Just leave it at home. Everyone will thank you and you won't even realise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Should Have Done Arts

Hey im holding out till Sunday to buy tickets because I dont wana go if its lashing rain. Where would be the best place for me to source a pair of day tickets sunday morning?

Also are there late bus's going from the site to surrounding towns when its over?

Hey im holding out till Sunday to buy tickets because I dont wana go if its lashing rain. Where would be the best place for me to source a pair of day tickets sunday morning?

Also are there late bus's going from the site to surrounding towns when its over?

You might still get a day ticket at the box office?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Weekend Camping is SOLD OUT. Please do not travel expecting to camp unless you have pre-purchased tickets. Day tickets and Weekend non camping available

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

any word hows it goin down there,is the place in a mess??

• Advertisement

it's gotten really muddy since yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

are tickets available if I just rock up to the gate for a few hours? or all sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

are tickets available if I just rock up to the gate for a few hours? or all sold out

Today's sold out during the day but there are still "a limited number" available at the gate tomorrow, according to their Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Today's sold out during the day but there are still "a limited number" available at the gate tomorrow, according to their Facebook.

Do you reckon we could squeeze in for tonights session. was going to tackle the horse and head down for the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I mean, you could chance it if you like & live nearby, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Hats off to the organisers, another great success. Really nice layout this year. Bandwise my personal highlights were Le Galaxie, We are Scientists and Young Wonder.

One small gripe is I felt there wasn't enough security. One guy at Mmoths was comotose drunk in plain view and my girlfriend had to go find the paramedics to help him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Ahh, what a weekend! Originally only had a Saturday day ticket but for some reason, the girl at the gate put a weekend non-camping wrist band on me, so ended up going back again yesterday as well.

Brilliant festival, great vibe and if you want to discover new bands, no better festival to do it at. King Kong Company (think they are from Waterford?) were my highlight, they absolutely rocked the maxol big top stage Saturday nite! Bastille drew a hugh crowd at the main stage, but they would'nt be my kinda music. Was'nt too keen on the blue moon area, too bright and it felt like exactly what it was, a giant barn. Bacardi area was deadly, as per usual.

I'v been to every Indiependence, right back to the 1st one 5years ago, which was about 50 tents camped around the side of a GAA pitch, a small main stage and a glorified gazebo. Every year it gets bigger and better, great vibe which I think is helped by the great mix of ages there. The mud was brutal, but a pair of wellies and it's grand. Indiependence would'nt be Indiependence without mud lol.

Roll on 2014!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Absolutely shattered after an amazing weekend. Getting in initially on Friday took bloody forever which was a bit annoying.

Walking On Cars, Funeral For A Friend, Vann Music, Miracle Bell, The Hot Sprockets, Le Galaxie, Beardyman and Ryan Sheridan were all highlights for me.

Great vibe about the place all weekend.

Unreal mud yesterday though but thank fúck it happened yesterday and not on Friday or Saturday.

Really good layout of the place but I felt security was a bit lacking in the main arena.

Overall though, an absolutely brilliant festival with some of the friendliest people I've had the pleasure of talking with. Can't wait for next year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

Kodaline, Ryan Sheridan, Walking on cars, The Hot Sprockets and Bastille were highlights for me, had no trouble getting in except in any day except the Sunday, there was some wagon at the gate making up her own rules... But we had forgotten about it almost as soon as we got in. Unreal weekend, I'm still nackered though, I'd say I got about 6 hours sleep in the last 4 days. I could sleep for a week now!!!

De La Soul were absolutely unreal. Wouldn't be my kind of music at all and I probably won't listen to it again, but the performance was class and the craic in the crowd was great aswell. When your man came back on and started playing again I thought he was going to DJ for the night. Would have been brilliant.

• Advertisement

Great festival, some brilliant acts, and kudos to the orgainsers!

One negative was some of the prices - for instance in the campsite there was a food stall selling bottles of water for 1 euro, inside in the arena they were 2.50 at the Molson bar which is ridiculously expensive!

Advertisement