Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average cost for window installation

Options
  • 11-03-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could tell me what the average cost of installing a window would be. I am looking at the installation cost only as i want to buy the windows myself and hire the fitter myself. The cost would include removal of the window/debris and any interior/exterior patchwork.

Would be a looking at a standard size single window (slider) with your typical concrete wall/cill construction.

Thanks,
    Ewan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I had a window replaced two weeks ago after a break in and the cost of labour was €200 for two men. They spent about two hours removing the old window, installing the new one and making good the opening. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 clarsax

Think it generally works out cheaper to use the manufacturer to fit the windows due to VAT. If its supply only then it's 23% vat but if its supply and fit the vat rate is 13.5%

Advertisement