Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS on SKY

Options
  • 11-03-2013 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

We just moved from Eircom to Sky, the alarm has a sms dialer.

Anyone know what Sky's sms service centre number is? Texts are no longer sending now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

I moved to sky. My hkc alarm still sends sms. I didn't change anything.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I may be wrong , but are SKY not simply reselling on Eircom lines in the same way Vodafone do?
    If so SMS should still work via Eircoms message centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

Sky are reselling using BT.

Update: The SMS is working, however it is not sending to any number on the "3" network. It did on Vodafone which is kind of strange as I have not changed the service centre number etc on the panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Texting to 3 was always an issue AFAIK,

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056615233

have a look at this, still an issue with Three and texts from landlines I believe. Guy I work with got out of his contract with 3 because of this very reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

DJMG92 wrote: »
    Sky are reselling using BT.

Update: The SMS is working, however it is not sending to any number on the "3" network. It did on Vodafone which is kind of strange as I have not changed the service centre number etc on the panel.

Great to know the texting works on SKY.
    Shame on three not being able to provide this service...

I remember it being discussed on the Three forum. Its something to do with billing agreements between the companies. There's some information in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056466425

I will get onto comreg tomorrow, see if they can do anything about it. In this day & age any network should be able to text one another.

Reason why I really need it to go to 3 is because they provide the best signal in this area and 2/3 of us here use 3. I am on eMobile but the folks are on 3. (and its there alarm and house..)

If this does not work, do you guys have any idea how much a voice dialer would cost for an astec fusion alarm?

Thanks again for the help.

You could get any number of different generic voice diallers for under €100
    Take a look at the suppliers sticky.

Thank you for this, it's appreciated.

• Advertisement

Your welcome. The voice dialler is probably your best option. I don't see ComReg doing anything I'm sure others have tried before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

DJMG92 wrote: »
    If this does not work, do you guys have any idea how much a voice dialer would cost for an astec fusion alarm?

This dialer will work.

Advertisement