Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone - yes or no?

Options
  • 11-03-2013 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

So there was a bit of debate in the vita thread over killzone as a series, so what do people think, like or not like? I personally do very much, like all 4 current killzone games, eagerly awaiting mercenary.

Do you like, or not like, the killzone franchise? 26 votes

Do you like killzone?
    0%
    Do you not like killzone?
    100%
    Dont be at yourselfeddhorse[Deleted User]Otaconjonesmystic86sweetiejohnnysmackVariktheUbiqwhiterebeltok9TiGeR KiNgSWolfForagerRedlionsteviebgunkymoCokeistanPlumpynuttTimeToShine 26 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

cloud493 wrote: »
    So there was a bit of debate in the vita thread over killzone as a series, so what do people think, like or not like? I personally do veyr much, like all 4 current killzone games, eagerly awaiting mercenary.

Really like 2, 3 was not as good but it did add some extra stuff like an odd colour here and there. I have the PSP game but last time I check it's not vita compatible and never got around to playing it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No.

Amongst the blandest, most depressingly mediocre franchises in the history of gaming.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No.

Amongst the blandest, most depressingly mediocre franchises in the history of gaming.

How could you get such a simple answer so wrong?:confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Why are the poll answers both questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Because why not?

• Advertisement

I liked the first two, killzone 3 not so much. Rico is easily one of the most annoying characters in any video game I've ever played.
    I hope that the new one on ps4 can provide a solid multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I liked the first two, killzone 3 not so much. Rico is easily one of the most annoying characters in any video game I've ever played.
    I hope that the new one on ps4 can provide a solid multiplayer.

You'd place 1 above 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I loved the multiplayer in 2. I also love that heavy impactful movement. Makes you feel like a human being carrying gear and a big gun.

As for the brown-ness, all of the games were based in war zones that were mostly bombed out or about to be so I can forgive it that. Also, it was the best looking brown this generation IMO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Killzne 1 was one of the dullest FPS games ever made. It had some really terrible level design as well.

Killzone 2 while technically it looked nice it was easy to see how they managed it. Theareas you were confined to were tiny meaning they could up the detail a lot, a trick similar to the one used by Retro Studios with Metroid Prime. However Metroid Prime had great art design, Killzne has some horrendous art. Everything is so brown or grey.

Combat is pretty bland as well, it's the same enemies over and over and when they try to do a boss fight it's laughably generic.

It's pretty much the definition of bland and mediocre.

I've not played much of Killzone 3 but it looked like more of the same.

I've not played the Killzone games in multiplayer so can't comment there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

KZ 1; not great back in the day, the new HD version wasn't too bad.

KZ2; Loved it, one of the greatest multiplayer games I have ever played!

KZ3; Looked great but the gameplay was poor and the multiplayer wasn't great either.

I'll probably get a PS4 at launch just to play Shadow Fall which looks fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,224 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

maybe, I dont know, can you repeat the question

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I like them and I'm looking forward to Merenaries and I'll probably pick up 4 at some stage too when i get a ps4 but I wouldn't be massively interested in Killzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I love even the most Generic FPS but couldn't get into Killzone 1,2 or 3 just so dull. The Story never caught my attention and the characters were all very unlikeable. I hate to say it but I even preferred that awful Halo game more lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I enjoyed one and two when they came out but can see the faults in them now though. Three was definately a bit of a slog to get through if i'm honest.
    There was really nothing memorable about any of them. That being said i will be picking up mercenaries for VITA. That may have something to do with the fact that i haven't been disappointed with much on VITA so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I remember everyone making a big deal about the first one when it hit the shelves. When I got to play through it though, I was hugely disappointed. I think it'sover-rated and underwhelming. They may have improved a great deal since then though. I recently saw the original one for PS2 going for 2quid... I still didn't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Killzone Vita, this is going to be another declassified sh1tfest, mark my words.

PS. I hate shootemups

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Killzone Vita, this is going to be another declassified sh1tfest, mark my words.

PS. I hate shootemups

Even if it is poor,it'll be nowhere near as bad as the reviews declassified got. This has had an awful lot more time in development then BO:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The original game is generally recognised to be an over hyped attempt by Sony to catch up with MS and Halo, and they failed miserably. Killzone was an awful game, I was unfortunate enough to buy it at launch and it was simply lousy an unimpressive.
    I still have that copy in my collection and give it a try every now and again, just to see if I had been too hasty.... not been proved wrong in my initial assessment!
    Killzone 2 was an improvement but that was mostly only in comparison to Resistance, another dreadful, brown, FPS, Killzone was better than that to be sure, but not a great game.
    Killzone 3, I only picked it up in the last couple of months, isn't too bad at all, and the bit I have played is fun so far, at least the theme of brown and beige has been dropped, so far!
    I never played the portable editions of the game so I can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I never played the portable editions of the game so I can't comment.

If you have brown-ophobia, Liberation may not be for you but it is a fantastic game. I was actually hoping the Vita's inevitable Killzone game would follow the same third-person isometric view as its PSP predecessor, this time making use of the twin analog sticks but instead we get Mercenaries.

While I haven't play-tested Mercenaries yet, based on the recent gameplay video, I am astounded they seem to have successfully moved the Killzone engine to the Vita. Whatever about Guerrilla's game design credentials, no one can deny they can make a superb game engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Killzone mercenaries will be better than resistance BS or COD BLOPS. Which isn't saying much yet :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement