Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medical Card & P45

• 11-03-2013 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi everyone,

I have had a look but couldn't find any info on this but maybe I missed something.

I was unemployed and received a medical card last summer. I have since been offered a job and signed off today. However if I do recall, I gave my original P45 in the application for my medical card last year.

Is it simply a case of me ringing the HSE and asking for my P45 back or is there something else I need to do? I wasn't given it back when I was granted the medical card.

I just don't want to be stuck on emergency tax.

Thank you and apologies if this a silly question.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Its most likely when you became unemployed you went to dole office to sign on and gave them your P45. You should have a copy of it, think it used to be green colour or yellow.

If not you might be stuck on emergency tax while waiting for revenue to issue cert to new employer.

Congratulations on getting a job..wow....well done.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Cactus466

Thanks for the reply, It's only a months work but will keep my fingers crossed.

I remember going into the social welfare office with my p45 and she tore a part of the end and I was left with the remainder.

I am almost certain I sent off the remainder with my medical card application.

I have searched high and low and if I was given it, I would have it:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

don't expect to get any documents back from HSE medical section in a hurry - i have been waiting since September 2011 for documents they *mislaid*.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Get on to revenue and ask them for a up to date tax allowance cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Cactus466

Thank you for the replies everyone. I got it sorted today and will have it in the next few days.

Revenue are looking after it:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement