Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech support nixer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

zenno wrote: »
    PS: the macbooks are all super-glued together so it's almost impossible to fix anything in them, even the ram/memory is soldered onto the mobo. I usually steer clear of anything apple. ;)

Wow - I must have a rare macbook then as Ive upgraded RAM, drive and the screen and non of it was soldered in place or superglued. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

maccored wrote: »
    Wow - I must have a rare macbook then as Ive upgraded RAM, drive and the screen and non of it was soldered in place or superglued. :rolleyes:

Maybe hes talking about the new retina macbook or the macbook air?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

In fairness, the new macbook pros with the led panels have the screen fused with glue between the outer cover and inner bezel, so to replace the panel you are looking at replacing the entire assembly for the screen, or using a heatgun and hoping :P .
    Some of the ultrabook manufacturers may also be doing this, but I have only noticed it with the macbooks alright.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

crazyderk wrote: »
    Sorry, not quite sure what you mean by this?
    ye, I googled and nothing popped so I heard it somewhere:confused:, revenue are apparently raiding notice boards/ads looking for people who are undeclaring earnings.*

Probably just scare tactic when I think about it. I don't know, anyway...

To ifixit with you senior Roll eyes!!

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Retina+Display+Late+2012+Teardown/11225/1

2 outta 10 (with 10 being easy) for repairability. Like most of that rotten fruit range.

New Surface got 1.

*not saying you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

ye, I googled and nothing popped so I heard it somewhere:confused:, revenue are apparently raiding notice boards/ads looking for people who are undeclaring earnings.*

Probably just scare tactic when I think about it. I don't know, anyway...

*not saying you are.

Ah Revenue, yes of course......declare......something something......:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement