Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insurance time !

• 11-03-2013 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Its insurance time again boys and girls got mine from stuarts today €324 same as last year sounds fair enough
    Is their any better to be had before i fork out ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pogonogo

Heard on the grapevine today that Dolmens are £255 (stirling) this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Got mine from Dolmen today €340.

I can vouch for the roadside assist, it worked for me in San Marino.
    Also the accidental damage element which covered the replacement of a storm damaged awning (as soon as I provided an estimate) while in Germany using photographs, faxes and phone calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

niloc1951 wrote: »
    Got mine from Dolmen today €340.

I can vouch for the roadside assist, it worked for me in San Marino.
    Also the accidental damage element which covered the replacement of a storm damaged awning (as soon as I provided an estimate) while in Germany using photographs, faxes and phone calls.

Yeah, €341 with Dolmen - looks good.

And the claim for your storm damaged awning didn't increase your premium for this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

pogonogo wrote: »
    Heard on the grapevine today that Dolmens are £255 (stirling) this year

Why would they quote in sterling?.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Yeah, €341 with Dolmen - looks good.

And the claim for your storm damaged awning didn't increase your premium for this year?

No, the policy is a type of 'community' policy, which is why we all pay the same irrespective of vehicle value or power/engine size up to about €80k/7ltr. It seems the claim experience of the underwriter of the community as a whole is what determines what we pay.

When speaking to AXA about my claim the comment was made that as a community motorhome users had a very good record with regard to the more costly third party claims and the accidental damage claims had a relatively small impact.

• Advertisement

In reply to irishgoatman Dolmen insure motorhomes in N. Ireland also so we are always quoted in sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

255 British Pound Sterling equals 291.51 Euro add a couple of percent for bacnk charges still looks like a 10% discount on irish prices.

Confirmed today in the post £255 due on or before the 1st April

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I've a U.K. bank a/c as well as an Irish one.
    Shame my Ins. is not due until August!.

Why does this time of year appear to be so popular for Ins. renewal?.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

Why does this time of year appear to be so popular for Ins. renewal?.[/QUOTE]

Seems Stuarts operate all policies from 1st April. If you join during the year you pay pro-rata to 31st March.

• Advertisement
Advertisement