Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free run Ireland

Options
  • 11-03-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks quick questions , has anyone ever used the website freerun Ireland to buy Nike runners ?, just wondering is the store in Ireland or do the runners come from the USA and would I have to pay customs on them ?? Any help would be fantastic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

whois info

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: FREERUNIRELAND.COM
    Created on: 04-Nov-12
    Expires on: 04-Nov-13
    Last Updated on: 04-Nov-12

Registrant:
    zhu lei
    nan feng dong lu 145hao
    zhuzhou, hunan 563012
    China

Administrative Contact:
    lei, zhu zhulei3f@163.com
    nan feng dong lu 145hao
    zhuzhou, hunan 563012
    China
    +86.1587873120

Technical Contact:
    lei, zhu zhulei3f@163.com
    nan feng dong lu 145hao
    zhuzhou, hunan 563012
    China
    +86.1587873120

Domain servers in listed order:
    F1G1NS1.DNSPOD.NET
    F1G1NS2.DNSPOD.NET

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So does that mean i would have to pay a costum charge for Vat when they reach me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

So does that mean i would have to pay a costum charge for Vat when they reach me ?

Means it's very likely your "nikes" will never show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

thanks for the help, i guess i won't be ordering from them so ,

• Advertisement

rom wrote: »

seems like the guy in the kop post actually got the runners delivered. most likely fake knockoffs I would say though. have been in Beijing recently and you could get fake nikes for about 10 euro. probably ok to wear as casual runners but not for running.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eggsinahanky99

Are we sure it's scan iv ordered off em not a word since not even email???;(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Are we sure it's scan iv ordered off em not a word since not even email???;(

Well both my websites come up as being based in US despite both being .ie domain and definitely based in Ireland.

One thing you can be 100% certain of is you will not be getting Nike Free runners. You may get something for your money eventually, but it won't be Nike.

Well both my websites come up as being based in US despite both being .ie domain and definitely based in Ireland.

One thing you can be 100% certain of is you will not be getting Nike Free runners. You may get something for your money eventually, but it won't be Nike.

I'm sooo mad I new I should have checked first I'm going try get my money back through money brace!!! Fingers crossed

if it's too good to be true....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 adacarroll

Bought a pair this week, it may have free run ireland but they come form china, where shipped on the monday and i got them on the friday, To be honest theres a slight difference in them and the ones in the shop, but it is very slight, i have got a pair of free runs i bought over here and the quality is a little different, but not much, but overall they are worth what you pay, your saving over 60 euro for the worth it, i do jog, but i havnt tried them out yet

That's good at least u got something! I placed order on 10th march still
    Noting! Did u get an confirmation email or anything off them?!?

yeah straight away i got an email when i made my order from the payment security thing, thats suppose to protect ye online when ordering, i then recieved an email today, saying that it had been shipped, and that it would be posted in a few days, but i got them today

adacarroll wrote: »
    yeah straight away i got an email when i made my order from the payment security thing, thats suppose to protect ye online when ordering, i then recieved an email today, saying that it had been shipped, and that it would be posted in a few days, but i got them today

I got the money brace email but noting since! My order still has pending on it!!! Noting from free run Ireland site and iv sent 100 emails ha!

guess im lucky in a way, didn't think they where gunna come from china, but they came quick enough, so theres something wrong with your order, yeah should keep an eye on your bank account

you should get them in the end but 99% they're fakes and won't be suitable for serious running.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

A lad I know ordered some runners and never even got a conformation email back even though money was deducted straight away, they seem to be a semi-scam site.. send out the odd fake pair and ignore all queries, I bet if you hadn't ordered anything but were looking into it they would respond immediately.

I guess you get what you pay for in some sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

That's good at least u got something! I placed order on 10th march still
    Noting! Did u get an confirmation email or anything off them?!?

I also placed an order with them on the 10th of march without knowing anything about the website then i found this thread a few weeks ago and i was not expecting to get anything back and at best maybe a pair of fakes! I also heard nothing back from them in all that time then out of the blue my runners arrived this morning now im not an NIKE expert but they look real to me? I know they are probaly fake but i am happy apart from the LONG delivery time i got my runners for half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

I also placed an order with them on the 10th of march without knowing anything about the website then i found this thread a few weeks ago and i was not expecting to get anything back and at best maybe a pair of fakes! I also heard nothing back from them in all that time then out of the blue my runners arrived this morning now im not an NIKE expert but they look real to me? I know they are probaly fake but i am happy apart from the LONG delivery time i got my runners for half price.

If you ordered by CC or paypal you can block payment. CC includes insurance for this sort of thing.

them Chinese would copy your bollix if there was cash in it for them. small chance that they're from the same factory as legit Nike but higher chance that they just look the same but that the cushioning tech in the sole is not the same, meaning that they won't be good for running. gym fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

glasso wrote: »
    them Chinese would copy your bollix if there was cash in it for them. small chance that they're from the same factory as legit Nike but higher chance that they just look the same but that the cushioning tech in the sole is not the same, meaning that they won't be good for running. gym fine.

Yea thought that alright I am just going to us them as an everyday runner and gym work I won't be doing any marathon training in them that would be just looking for trouble,I am just happy to get something for my money I thought I wasn't going to get anything I won't be buying from a site I don't know again,Lesson learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Do they do all sizes on the runners?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

What is the .ie domain. I thought it was just freerunireland.com It is much more difficult to get a .ie domain than a .com. For .ie you need to prove who you are and that you have ownership over the name etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

rom wrote: »
    What is the .ie domain. I thought it was just freerunireland.com It is much more difficult to get a .ie domain than a .com. For .ie you need to prove who you are and that you have ownership over the name etc.

I suppose the point I was making is that the scamadvisor is not 100% correct as our website is Irish based and .ie registered by an Irish company, yet comes up as US based and possibly Netherlands too.

For a .ie website, yes, you do have to provide ownership, business name registration and company details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

They only do up to size 9/10. that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

closeline wrote: »
    They only do up to size 9/10. that true?

They are dodgy as hell and you are complaining that they only do upto size 10???

Advertisement