Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emigrating to Australia

Options
  • 11-03-2013 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Right I need all the help I can get. Im 24 as is my fiance and we have a one n a half year old son. He is an electrician and im.a beautician. The fiance went over for 3 months last year in the hopes of getting sponsership so myself and the baby could follow but it didnt seem t happen but he did get loads of work and got his trade recognised etc...... Iv seen people on here were paying quite low fees as to what.we were quoted which was 7thousand euro...... So im.asking if anyone has any good agencies for us to go through or any advice as we went to the rds the other week but still came out of it as we went in...... PLEASE HELP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Please edit your post, no txt speak allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jakwhy

hussey wrote: »
    Mod Please edit your post, no txt speak allowed.
    Aren't you writing in text speak saying 'txt' ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

jakwhy wrote: »
    Aren't you writing in text speak saying 'txt' ??
    He's trying to help you get help. i was going to post to ask for more clarity in your enquiry but as you'd rather communicate via txt/text speak then I can't help.

I have edited it all ... There is no text speak??

jakwhy wrote: »
    Right I need all the help I can get. Im 24 as is my fiance and we have a one n a half year old son. He is an electrician and im.a beautician. The fiance went over for 3 months last year in the hopes of getting sponsership so myself and the baby could follow but it didnt seem t happen but he did get loads of work and got his trade recognised etc...... Iv seen people on here were paying quite low fees as to what.we were quoted which was 7thousand euro...... So im.asking if anyone has any good agencies for us to go through or any advice as we went to the rds the other week but still came out of it as we went in...... PLEASE HELP.

Firstly you shouldn't be paying any sponsorship fees (companies pay this not the person), certainly not 7k - who is asking for this fee? a Visa migration lawyer/company or a employer?
    If your fiancée is back in Ireland, I would have a look at residency route rather than sponsorship, depending on his work experience, getting a 457 from ireland is very hard, but not impossible.

so questions
    Work experience - what does he have?
    Visa - you are looking at 457 or PR?
    Area - want to go anywhere in particular? Mine work, perth?

Mod on a side note, people are trying to help you here, if we cannot read what you are asking we cannot help, it is entirely up to you how to proceed here.

• Advertisement

hussey wrote: »

Firstly you shouldn't be paying any sponsorship fees (companies pay this not the person), certainly not 7k - who is asking for this fee? a Visa migration lawyer/company or a employer?
    If your fiancée is back in Ireland, I would have a look at residency route rather than sponsorship, depending on his work experience, getting a 457 from ireland is very hard, but not impossible.

so questions
    Work experience - what does he have?
    Visa - you are looking at 457 or PR?
    Area - want to go anywhere in particular? Mine work, perth?

Mod on a side note, people are trying to help you here, if we cannot read what you are asking we cannot help, it is entirely up to you how to proceed here.
    No not sponsorship sorry I mean by paying for a residency visa that was the fee we were quoted. He is a fully qualified electrician with plc, industrial andd domestic experience so all in all over 6 years experience. Were not looking for sponsorship anymore were looking for emigration so we will have our own rights and no restrictions so am just looking to see if any other families could recommend any good agencies with good prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Visa application charge is $3060 plus Skills assessment, medicals, X-Rays etc for all of you. Depending on wether you need extras like IELTS it could be done by yourself for around $4000 or about €3000.

As mandrake said you can do it yourself (there is HUGE amount of info on this on web etc)
    would be a lot cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Proxima Centauri

Maybe try "Celtic Migration" we had a one on one with them when they were over last week. They answered many questions we couldn't get answers to on the net. Seriously, you can waste years trawling through the IMMI website. They're based in Adelaide and also act as recruitment agents.

We've been quoted approx $7000 Aus dollars, around €5,500 at present rates to complete a process for the 189 visa(skilled migration visa). This can be paid in installments and the whole process might take 12 to 18 months.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Just make sure you look into the process involved in getting the electrical licence over here. I got mine in 2008 so I'm not fully sure of the steps involved in getting it but I know it is a lot harder to get it now. A friend of mine is going through the process at the minute. He started about 9 months ago and is looking at another 6 months of hoop jumping before he gets it. If he had known it would take so long he probably wouldn't have bothered. The new system that they have in place doesn't give you any credit for actually being an electrician. Some of the guys in my friends class for the electrical licence had their own businesses in the UK and they were being quizzed on series and parallel resistance (your partner will understand how insulting this is) Try to get in touch with Jason Greene from skills shortage solutions. He's up to scratch with all the new changes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement