Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting People in Dublin

Options
  • 11-03-2013 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

I'm a student in Dublin, my flat mates are dull and just don't go clubbing and my class in collage is small and they don't seem to do anything social. Just wanted to know where to go to meet young people, going into a bar or club on my own doesn't sit well with me but that could be me making a big deal out of nothing. Would prefer to meet people from outside Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Moved to Dublin City, you should get more answers here OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

If you are sporty maybe try joining a team (rugby, soccer, GAA). these are great to meet new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

RonanM123 wrote: »
    Would prefer to meet people from outside Dublin.

Oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

"would prefer to meet people outside of Dublin"

thread moved to Dublin City

lol!

Op go along to any of the boards beers, meetup.com seems really good too even though I've never used it but I have been threatening to for a while :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

RonanM123 wrote: »
    Would prefer to meet people from outside Dublin.

Thats understandable if you're new to a new city and its commonplace with people the world over who gravitate towards like minded people with common interests and backgrounds.

It works both ways. The few Dublin people living in my town tend to mix together even though they didn't know each other before they moved here. Of course they mix well with everyone else too.

However I would suggest that you don't limit your search to meet new people to those from outside Dublin. Who better to introduce you to the city you now live in than those who grew up there ?

Advertisement