Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking > Running

• 11-03-2013 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Am looking to progress from walking to running and would welcome any advice on first steps!
    I am currently walking 6.5k,(1 hour) three times a week.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, it's just to start running. You already have the stamina for shorter intervals.
    Start with small intervals. Walk a while, jog a while, walk a while, jog a while.
    Afore you know it you will run more than walking.
    The trick is to never stop so slow down and start walking again if you feel like it, just don't stop moving forward.
    m2c

It will make it easier if you pick a point in the distance and think "I'll just run to that point and then walk again", then do the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

jt69er wrote: »
    Am looking to progress from walking to running and would welcome any advice on first steps!
    I am currently walking 6.5k,(1 hour) three times a week.
    Thanks!
    Try the C25K programme .Download the app and away u go. I would highly recommend it

Advertisement