Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer

Options
  • 11-03-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭

I received a week's ban from the Soccer Forum and i think it was very harsh.

I made a few posts in the Liverpool Thread, they were discussing how Suarez would undoubtedly win the Player of the Year award, i disagreed, saying that the only thing he'd done was put a mid table team into the Top 8, not like RVP who has more or less won his team the league. I also said Suarez's diving would go against him.

Seems i was only warned as i was going against the flow of 'Suarez is a certainty', just because i'm not a Liverpool fan doesn't mean i can't post in there.

I was also 'infracted' for replying to the thread 'Injustices in Soccer', i posted that The Heysel disaster was an injustice, as people blamed a dodgy wall for 39 deaths yet it was the Liverpool fans who attacked them that caused the wall to break. IMO an injustice as the wall is still blamed. People have put about Hillsborough in that thread and nothings come of it so please don't palm me off with the 'it's a sensitive subject' response

I've pm'd the mod (gavredking) and he said to open a dispute here.

Please can i have another mod look into this, and not gavredking, as he is biased because he supports Liverpool

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Your throwaway comment at the end of your post is indicative of the issue here. The mod's own allegiences are irrelevant, but you assume some kind of bias, perhaps because of your own clear bias against Liverpool.

So to start let's make it clear - in appealing the yellow card a CMod (in this case me) reviews it, not the mod who issued it in the first case.

Now your ban results from having received 2 yellow cards during the current football season. If the yellow is upheld the ban follows automatically under the forum charter

This brings me to the question of whether the yellow was justified. To quote the mod's message

"This post as well as a few from the Liverpool thread last night about top 8 finsihes, diving and Suarez & the POTY award are trolling and will wind people up."

As a Man Utd fan you seem to be spending a bit of time in the forum focussing on Liverpool. All your posts in the forum yesterday were about Liverpool or their players. As the mod pointed out your posts in the Liverpool thread were aimed at winding up the regulars in the forum (ie Liverpool fans). The Liverpool fans were praising their own player (to be expected in their own thread) and you were the one making categoric statements about that player (Suarez) not being "player of the year". Those comments were clearly aimed at winding up the Liverpool fans. You may get away with it in the Man U thread but in the Liverpool thread that is trolling. Then you finish the evening with a post in the same thread responding to a comment that someone had had a phone stolen (yes pehaps in a jocular manner)
    scudzilla wrote: »
    That'd be about right in the Liverpool thread ;)
    Again clearly aimed at winding up Liverpool fans

Then you post about the Heysel disaster in the "greatest injustice" thread:

"The Heysel Disaster, How the deaths of 39 Fans could be put down to a crappy wall, when it was Liverpool fans who attacked and pushed them into it".

Again a post aimed at winding up Liverpool fans

Looking at all your posts in the Soccer Forum during the course of yesterday and overnight I think you got off very lightly with only receiving a single yellow and I can see no basis for overturning that card and the resultant ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ok, see ya in a week

And that post about the phone being stolen was meant as a joke, hence the winky smiley

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

scudzilla wrote: »
    And that post about the phone being stolen was meant as a joke, hence the winky smiley
    I understand that, but it's exactly the sort of post that will wind "opposing" fans up when posted in "their" thread

Anyway, I take it we can now mark this one as resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Beasty wrote: »
    I understand that, but it's exactly the sort of post that will wind "opposing" fans up when posted in "their" thread

Anyway, I take it we can now mark this one as resolved?

yeah, go on then, seeing as you asked so nicely ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement