Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperJAn

Options
  • 11-03-2013 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭

I read an interesting stat on FB today.
    Should cheer us up after the pool game.:(

"Vertonghen has scored more goals in his first season at Spurs than Wilshere has in his whole Arsenal career.":cool:

I love this guy & what luck his signing has turned out to be we didnt even have a manager & he still wanted to come here:D

Reads the game so well I hope he rubs off on both Kyles lol...

Commanding performance yesterday he didnt deserve to be on loosing side (same for Dembele too) my own motm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

He's a great player and I think he will get even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Wouldn't be suprising that another Spurs fan agrees with this thread. I cannot remember so many top class players at Spurs all at once. Bale, Dembele, Vertongen, Lloris and the injured Sandro. Some of the rest are not too shabby either. What could we do next season if we hold on to our current crop and add a top class striker? For now lets hope these players stay fit till May.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Agree completely. It's really interesting looking at the 'Team of the Year' post over on the Soccer forum - so many non-Spurs fans have him in their back 4. That says a lot. Also, loads are putting Lloris and obviously Bale in too. How many times have we had 3 potential players for a team of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

244815.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

SuprSi wrote: »
    Agree completely. It's really interesting looking at the 'Team of the Year' post over on the Soccer forum - so many non-Spurs fans have him in their back 4. That says a lot. Also, loads are putting Lloris and obviously Bale in too. How many times have we had 3 potential players for a team of the year?

AND 2 of them new signings!!!!
    Luka and Rafa who ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

AND 2 of them new signings!!!!
    Luka and Rafa who ???

Luka Ratface & Rafa Van Der Fatt;)

i still love VDV but Superjan has stolen my heart:D

ya gotta love the ex ajax youth players.. such technique on the ball:cool:

Named player of the month for March.

Nothing needs to be said!....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I loved his goal v Swansea it even edges slightly ahead of Bales screaming winner...

The whole roaming attacking play from Jan was even better than Rio Ferdiand in his peak.

Apparently Jan has 7 goals from 41 apps in his 1st season..

Poor old overhyped Wilshire has a massive 5 goals in 90 apps over 5 seasons lol

Long may that continue

davycc wrote: »
    I loved his goal v Swansea it even edges slightly ahead of Bales screaming winner...

The whole roaming attacking play from Jan was even better than Rio Ferdiand in his peak.

Apparently Jan has 7 goals from 41 apps in his 1st season..

Poor old overhyped Wilshire has a massive 5 goals in 90 apps over 5 seasons lol

Long may that continue

The whole saga before Jan signed was completely worth it. Michu will surely get bargain of the season but that's largely because people rate players on their goals. Much harder for a centre half to win anything. That's why jan got march's award. He's much more than a centre half. He actually reminded me of Jamie Carragher but I'm not sure why.

Maybe back round the time Carragher won the CL he was spearheading their attacks. Generally it was Carragher > Gerrard > Garcia/Baros. That was where their attacks mainly came from.

Now we just need to sign Moutinho and we've got a similar setup. Jan > Moutinho > Bale

CB's like Jan are rare. Ability to stay largely injury free is the icing on the cake. We're lucky to have him. Here's hoping he succeeds as our captain and wins some trophies. Ofcourse nobody is perfect and he hasn't had the perfect season. Basel and a couple other games he was poor. But ofcourse that's going to happen.

I guess something needed to be said afterall! I just honestly feel he's just as important to the team as Bale is and he's finally getting the recognition he deserves.

Advertisement