Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub in Carlow Town to watch Cheltenham Festival

Options
  • 11-03-2013 11:36pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right so I'm normally either in Cheltenham or at home in Dublin, but since I'm in college in Carlow this year, I need a place to watch the Cheltenham Festival in Carlow Town. Anyone have any recommendations? Nearby bookies is a must!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Loads of pubs in Carlow with bookies beside them. Two things that Carlow does well is bookies + pubs beside them and great smoking areas LOL. Teach Dolmen would be my personal favourite, but It's a compact little town centre. A quick walk around and you will be able to suss it out for yourself

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

+1 for Teach Dolmain

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I know the Teach, wouldn't have seen it as a racing pub. I'll pop in there first tomorrow anyway, as you say it's a compact enough town, won't be long finding an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I know the Teach, wouldn't have seen it as a racing pub. I'll pop in there first tomorrow anyway, as you say it's a compact enough town, won't be long finding an alternative.

the barracks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Doesn't open till 6 according to their website, which is 45 mins after the last race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Reddy's

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

+1 on Reddys, bookies next door and across the road, food is fine and racing is always on in the front of the bar during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Front bar in carpenters is the best by far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I was in Teach Bar today and the craic was 90..
    Plenty of Punters and free finger food.
    Powers next door as well.

Going there tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Front bar in scraggs full of punters and good atmosphere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Jaysus, lucky sod! what am I doing wrong in life LOL

Went for Reddys in the end, free finger food also. Might give the Teach a go tomorrow.

Advertisement