Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

daughters 1st birthday

Options
  • 12-03-2013 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what do people buy their kids for her first birthday?

She has toys coming out her ar*e since santa, her aunts have gone together to get her a swing, I don't want to get her clothes.

We are going to glendeer pet farm on the day of her birthday, just me her and daddy. And having family afternoon tea and cake the next day.

I just dunno what we (mum and dad) should get...

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We got ours a 3 in 1 trike. She still loves it at 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

How about a little slide to go with the swing. My lo wil be 1 in april and were getting her a swing also as she has loads of indoor toys. She got one of does trikes for xmas and loves it.. my mum is getting her one of does shell sandpit/paddling pools (if we even get the weather) so she has toys for outside .

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Thanks for the replies. Ya she has the trike her grandad got it at Xmas. First grandchild/niece. Spoilt!!!! I'll think about the slide, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Hi,

Santa brought this to my daughter,

http://www.toys.ie/Little-Tikes-Activity-Garden-!123886-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=9e7e897d-f01a-44cb-af14-3a3e748cdb04

(when Santa was buying it, it was reduced to €65 and he also had a €10 off voucher)

She's 9 months now and loves it, she is crawling in and out of it, using it to pull herself up to standing.

Her brother is 3 and he plays with it as well.

For her brothers first birthdays, they got ride on tractors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

What about a family pass for the Zoo or maybe swimming classes etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

emc2 wrote: »
    What about a family pass for the Zoo or maybe swimming classes etc.

Living in mayo so zoo is too far. I like the swimming tho :)

I was thinking of some keepsake, but then oh made me see sense that no one either of us know has anything from our first birthday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Someone I know got each of her girls a charm bracelet when they were born & every year she buys them a new charm. I love the idea & even though my little one is 17 months, am planning on buying 1 for her with 2 charms to start off & then adding to it every year. Give it them on their 18th!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

One of the Little Tikes Play Houses ! although ours are grown up now, they had years and years of fun with it - I still see it on a regular basis as it was that sturdy that we gave it to the Local Playschool when the kids where finished with it, although its faded, it certainly stood the test of time !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

We got our Son the Tomy Discovery Dome for his 1st Birthday.. he loved it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

pwurple wrote: »
    We got ours a 3 in 1 trike. She still loves it at 2.
    they are the business!! That's what I got for my daughter...and in fairness that was enough!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Don't get her anyhting and then when you see something lovely buy it.
    She is only 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I didn't actually buy her anything... :o

We had a party, and Christmas was only a few weeks beforehand, so she was spoiled between toys, clothes and attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

If she has so much stuff that you are struggling to think of something to buy her I would say she doesn't need anything else.
    Maybe instead set up a bank account for her & deposit some money in it for her for when she's older, maybe set up the tradition of adding to it on every birthday.

Advertisement