Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel insurance

Options
  • 12-03-2013 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Ryt, checking online here for travel insurance:D, checked out backerpackers.ie and go for less. My mate has read the policy document for backpackers.ie and it states its only valid for citizens in the ROI and not in the north:(.

When I switch it to the UK site it gives a quote for two people @ £629 sterling compared to 649Euro on on the Irish site. Has anybody in the north got insurance yet and through who? and does anybody know if the Irish site will cover ya if your from the north?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DonaldTheDuck

Looks like we're on the same wavelength Scruffy - same problem, I hadn't read backpackers.ie small print regarding us Nordies - £629 is bloody steep!

EDIT - just got a quote from the UK site for £279.94 - where are you getting £629 from?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Looks like we're on the same wavelength Scruffy - same problem, I hadn't read backpackers.ie small print regarding us Nordies - £629 is bloody steep!

EDIT - just got a quote from the UK site for £279.94 - where are you getting £629 from?

Yeah meant that's for 2 not one, my mistake. Checked it their now still coming in at £314.99 thats including winter sports. Still more epensive than the quotes for the south

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DonaldTheDuck

That makes more sense. Yeah it does seem high, but they have us by the proverbial short and curly ones with the 2 year thing.

Does http://www.backpackertravelinsurance.com/ definitely cover all the small print then as far as you can tell? I can't see anything about repatriation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Is that high?? In terms of travel insurance for the ROI I'm pretty sure that site is by far the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

You guys check multitrip.com for insurance? I had a look there a few days ago and backpacker insurance was fairly decent price and cover looked good, check it out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

That makes more sense. Yeah it does seem high, but they have us by the proverbial short and curly ones with the 2 year thing.

Does http://www.backpackertravelinsurance.com/ definitely cover all the small print then as far as you can tell? I can't see anything about repatriation?

I will have a read of their policy tonight after work. Im sure they would try find someway of getting out of a claim

Advertisement