Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda station in Dublin South that processes Age Cards relatively quickly?

Options
  • 12-03-2013 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any guarda stations that have a good record of quick age card processing? Don't want to be waiting for weeks on end. What's the one up in Deansgrange like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Does anyone know of any guarda stations that have a good record of quick age card processing? Don't want to be waiting for weeks on end. What's the one up in Deansgrange like?

They dont make em in the stations. I believe when the pile of them in whatever station
    is so big that it falls over under its own weight or an unsuspecting gard knocks it over
    theyre sent off to the processing place where it joins the bigger pile. Then you should
    get it in a week to six months.

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

Well from what I know they send them off to an office for the card to be made for you and you receive it in the post. I got mine done in County Cork and I visited my Garda station on Saturday morning and I received it on the following Thursday. If I remember correctly I had to go to my local Garda station,

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

Shankill seems to get them done fairly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

When you apply online it will tell you your local station when you receive the form. You will then bring it to the station it will be stamped and sent off. It should not take more than 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Thanks for replies, if you don't have passport, will Birth Cert suffice?

• Advertisement

Thanks for replies, if you don't have passport, will Birth Cert suffice?
    You need 2 forms of Id the first to be either birth cert. or passport.

And then any other Id too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

gerire wrote: »
    You need 2 forms of Id the first to be either birth cert. or passport.

And then any other Id too

Would a Student Card suffice?

Advertisement