Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-homing our dog

• 12-03-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Unfortunately, due to a change in personal circumstances we have to give up our 18 month old Border Terrier. Having already exhausted opportunities by word of mouth we were wondering where to turn to next to find the best possible home for dog.

Can anyone recommend a website/forum/online community where we can find a suitable new home?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Hi Sorry to hear this. have you tried contacting the breeder or person you bought him off they may be willing to take him back?

Resuces are up to their eyes at the moment so you may have a wait on your hands before some one could take the dog.
    There is a lady in Dublin/Wicklow area who runs a Border Terrier rescue and other also is involved in greyhound/lurcher rescue. Sorry dont have full contact details <snip>. Finally try contacting the Irish kennel club a lot of the breeds have a rescue group and they may be able to help.

Hope that helps.

Oh and if you havent already done so get the dog neutered before handing him over to anyone.

Edited to remove suggested named route to rescue link: if you want to recommend rescues to the OP, please do so by PM.
    I would also ask that people only recommend places that they know to be above board from personal experience or good references.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Inexile wrote: »
    Hi Sorry to hear this. have you tried contacting the breeder or person you bought him off they may be willing to take him back?

Resuces are up to their eyes at the moment so you may have a wait on your hands before some one could take the dog.
    There is a lady in Dublin/Wicklow area who runs a Border Terrier rescue and other also is involved in greyhound/lurcher rescue. Sorry dont have full contact details <snip>. Finally try contacting the Irish kennel club a lot of the breeds have a rescue group and they may be able to help.

Hope that helps.

Oh and if you havent already done so get the dog neutered before handing him over to anyone.

I'm not going into details but please avoid this 'rescue' at all costs

If the OP pm's me I will try to help.

What breeder did you get the dog from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Kloecor

Where abouts do you live? I've always wanted a Border Terrier, they're so cute!

Really sorry you have to rehome him. I thought I had to get my dog rehomed and it was a really upsetting experience!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Lezdid

Living in Dublin. It's a female border , we got her spayed already. I googled that <snip> site but its under construction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

+1 on what Inexile said about rescues being up the rafters with dogs, do be prepared for a bit of a wait for a rescue spot to open up.

Again, if the breeder could take her back or at least help you home her that would be great.

I don't know what your personal circumstances are but would it be possible to have someone like a dog walker come in during the day and walk her? Maybe take a bit of pressure off you.

Some rescues will put dogs on their website with the owners details to help rehome the dogs even if htey aren't able to take the dogs in themselves so maybe do a quick google for rescues in your area.

• Advertisement

Lezdid wrote: »
    Living in Dublin. It's a female border , we got her spayed already. I googled that <snip> site but its under construction

I would keep googling. This shower is anything but reputable.

Edited to add if you happen to contact them, ask them how many rescue Border Terriers they have bred from!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭puppieperson

hi any luck so far? can you post a photo please as i may be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Knine wrote: »
    I'm not going into details but please avoid this 'rescue' at all costs

If the OP pm's me I will try to help.

What breeder did you get the dog from?

Why avoid that breeder?:D big statement to make without providing us with much to justify that statement?:rolleyes:

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Why avoid that breeder?:D big statement to make without providing us with much to justify that statement?:rolleyes:

Big statement for you to make without reading the thread. I never said avoid the Breeder.

I have already justified the statement about the rescue in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

So sorry mate i meant RESCUE:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Try <snip>
    Or just look for animal rescue sanctuarys on facebook theres loads

Advertisement