Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veronica Mars (Movie)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sad i've finished it all now, veronica had yet another horrible thing happen to her...

one of the best multi-arc shows i've ever seen no wonder it got cancelled
    And a final bit of what may have come..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Big news today: Rob Thomas to continue Veronica Mars after the movie as a book series consisting of two novels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ten years.....ten long years.

That punch..........you can't say it hasn't been coming. :P

Random updates:
    • tshirts are on the way, for those who ordered them
    • Kristen Bell and Dax Sheperd got married in the most low-key ceremony I've ever heard of, having waited until gay marriage was legal in California before getting married themselves.
    I'm planning to rewatch the entire series before the movie comes out. Cannot wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got an email to say my tshirt has been shipped. Let's see how long delivery takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Got an email to say my tshirt has been shipped. Let's see how long delivery takes.

Same here. Though I know some people who received theirs 3 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

DeWitt wrote: »
    Same here. Though I know some people who received theirs 3 weeks ago.

Still no shipping notice for me.

Really waiting for the premiere dates though so I can start planning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

How much did you have to contribute to get the t-shirt, i missed out on that :(

My tshirt arrived today. It looks great but unfortunately it's the wrong design. (I was sure I clicked the orangey option).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Got mine today too.

image.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Got mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

im so glad we're getting an update on the whereabouts of your tshirts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

See what happened was I did a search for this thread and it came up for the page before this, where people were asking if anyone was getting them. Does that makes sense? I'm going to assume it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Meh, beats someone randomly posting their reactions to past VM episodes.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Jernal wrote: »
    Meh, beats someone randomly posting their reactions to past VM episodes.:pac:
    discussing a television show!, how very dare I, it you's lot that are out of place which your big screen talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

My shirt just arrived. They sent me two! Wonder what that's about? It's a nice fit anyway and it's made of good material if anyone is wondering. :D

I'd say most of the backers have gotten theirs at this stage.

Mysterious film update this morning.
    We're almost ready to make an announcement that a lot of you have been waiting for, and that I'm excited about.
    To get as much attention as we possibly can, Entertainment Weekly has agreed to help us break the news with an article tomorrow morning.
    As soon as the article is released, I'll send another update with a link and more details. For today, I just wanted to let you know that we've got some big news coming.

• Advertisement

Saw that when I woke this morning. Guess that means we'll hear in the next few hours. I'm assuming it'll be a release date.

They were aiming for February, weren't they? That's only a couple months away. Didn't realise it was that close. Seems like only yesterday I backed it.

Guess I'd better get rewatching the series in preparation

There's a short clip accompanying that article that made me giggle with excitement.

It looks great.

From cancelled series to movie to spinoff webseries and possibly back to tv

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/01/15/veronica-mars-spinoff-series-in-the-works-at-the-cw

CastorTroy wrote: »
    From cancelled series to movie to spinoff webseries and possibly back to tv

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/01/15/veronica-mars-spinoff-series-in-the-works-at-the-cw
    Shame Kristen is probably unlikely to come back..

.. and let's be honest, she (along with the writing of Rob Thomas) was why the original show worked.

Hmmmm.

I don't know. I'll wait for more information before rejoicing/panicking.

I didn't know Thomas was writing another show for the CW, that's exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Does anyone know if we will be likely to get a cinema release here? I am doubtful but wishful thinking I suppose. Really would prefer to be there opening night as opposed to wait for it to be on Netflix, iTunes etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we will be likely to get a cinema release here? I am doubtful but wishful thinking I suppose. Really would prefer to be there opening night as opposed to wait for it to be on Netflix, iTunes etc.

According to the Kickstarter updates, they are working on it. I'd say it might be contingent on how well it does in the US.

The digital download is supposed to be available within a few days of the theatrical release as opposed to the usual 4 month wait.

jamc wrote: »
    According to the Kickstarter updates, they are working on it. I'd say it might be contingent on how well it does in the US.

The digital download is supposed to be available within a few days of the theatrical release as opposed to the usual 4 month wait.

I'll see how it goes so, would really like to see it in cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I assume the digital download that will appear a few days after the theatrical release will be for backers only and not for the general public.

I'd also be pretty disappointed if there wasn't a simultaneous theatrical screening in major cities outside the US. Fair enough if international distribution rights prevent something like this from happening but I'm hoping that a combination of location stats of Kickstarter backers and the low cost of digital distribution would lead to a screening that I could attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mirage08

Just announced will be in Movies at Dundrum, can't wait!!!

Only the one cinema in London. Hmmmmmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

Wish it was showing in Cork. I"ll actually be in London that weekend but might just wait for the digital download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

At least we're getting Dublin. Hoping Cork might get it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

No further details on Movies@ site at present as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

Looks like the digital download will be available from the 14th.

Yeah, i see that here, it's going to be available on the same day

Rang my local cinema, he didn't know anything about it?

Got my no & rang back to say he was talking to a Warner Bros rep & said Dundrum's the only cinema to show it in Ireland :o

• Advertisement

Got my no & rang back to say he was talking to a Warner Bros rep & said Dundrum's the only cinema to show it in Ireland :o
    Did he mean that Dundrum are the only ones that can show it or just the only ones who want to?

I'd love if they had a screening in Galway but I don't know how popular it would be and if a cinema would invest in it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I can't see the film having any cinema appeal given how few people would have even heard of the show. Where is the download going to be (legally) available?

Same day as the theatrical release.

That's a real pity, was hoping to see it in the cinema. Does anyone know what outlets will have it on demand here on the day of release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I can't see the film having any cinema appeal given how few people would have even heard of the show. Where is the download going to be (legally) available?

Yeah but most of the people who do go will be die hard fans so there should be a good atmosphere.

I think I'll venture as far as Dundrum, if I can't drag someone along I may have to take my first ever solo trip to the cinema.

irish son wrote: »
    Yeah but most of the people who do go will be die hard fans so there should be a good atmosphere.

I think I'll venture as far as Dundrum, if I can't drag someone along I may have to take my first ever solo trip to the cinema.
    Even if you go by yourself, you won't be alone, soda-pop.

(That came out creepier than intended. Oh well).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Here's the opening scene of the movie; it also acts as a kinda catch up type thing for those who never watched the TV show.

And tickets for Dundrum are now on sale. Woo!

http://www.onlinecinematickets.com/index.php?s=M-DUNDRUM&p=details&eventCode=12602

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Did he mean that Dundrum are the only ones thatcan show it or just the only ones who want to?

I'd love if they had a screening in Galway but I don't know how popular it would be and if a cinema would invest in it.

I asked him that as well, if its down to the cinema or the distribution company & he replied back saying, 'i couldnt really answer that as not wanting to tell you the wrong thing' :confused:

Although i remember asking him the same thing years ago, asking about The Royal Tenenbaums & had said only a few cinemas were showing it, i happen to be in Dublin a month later & saw it in the Screen Cinema on D'Olier St, a small cinema it is :eek:

I see there's a new take on the theme song,
    remember the third season

I see there's a new take on the theme song,
    remember the third season
    It's not terrible but he's kind of just yelling and it's hard on the ears.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    It's not terrible but he's kind of just yelling and it's hard on the ears.

Sadly I gave up after 10 secs, :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement