Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible modem issues?

• 12-03-2013 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I've had very intermittent broadband connection since Christmas. Eircom have checked the line three times and can find no problem. So I'm now assuming that the issue is on my side of the house, ie internal wiring (only 6 years old though) or its the Netgear router that is now about 6 years old. The Eircom engineer said that these routers have a limited lifespan and perhaps a new one would solve my problems.

The actual problem is that the broadband drops out quite regularly in the afternoons/evenings but is on consistently between 10pm and say 10am (thought it might have been contention myself). So I'm thinking about changing the router just to rule out one possible cause. Any recommendations as to what I should get? At the moment the Netgear route is hard wired into my pc and I use Netgear homeplugs to route a wifi signal around the rest of the house (the house is a long bungalow with foil insulation in the walls which blocks normal wifi signals, which is why I use the home plugs).

Advertisement