Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F.C. Barcelona vs A.C. Milan CL last 16 2nd leg Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

A 45 minute display of pure brilliance. Football as it was meant to be. The speed, accuracy, variety and angles of the passing have been something to behold. The pressing more ferocious than at any other point this season. Xavi peerless in the middle of the park, Messi an unstoppable force of nature. Barcelona on course to secure the great comeback this group of players haven't yet had. Simply magical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Milan have been inept. Yes they have been hemmed in but they sure don't use the ball well, too narrow playing out from the back too and many unforced errors among the forced ones and well, if you get one on one you have to score at this level.

Barca have pinged the ball round pleasingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

All over when Milan hit the post and then they scored the 2nd ... all over ,

Congrats FC Barça winners of the 2013 UCL.

Done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Barca brilliant but even a 3-1 win puts them out. Probably need to get 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A 45 minute display of pure brilliance. Football as it was meant to be. The speed, accuracy, variety and angles of the passing have been something to behold. The pressing more ferocious than at any other point this season. Xavi peerless in the middle of the park, Messi an unstoppable force of nature. Barcelona on course to secure the great comeback this group of players haven't yet had. Simply magical.

You're entertaining anyway.

It's robotic at this point for Barcelona.
    They've won almost every breaking ball in the Milan half.

• Advertisement

Now for Martins analysis....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

CRINGE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Milan will go through, they'll nick one.

Btw that first Barcelona goal was really as good as it gets. That entire move probably symbolises this Barcelona side as much as any other that they've ever scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Jaysus that was well offside. Didn't even cross my mind until that replay.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Now for Martins analysis....

Switch over to ITV to hear them describing this game as the "most intense game ever"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I thought people didn't like Barca because they think they are "boring". Can understand tbh, teams stick 11 ball behind them and camp on the edge of the box and Barca just play keep ball. Me I absolutely love watching both sides of that though tbh, love to see the 11 players trying to keep concentration and not give even the tiniest bit of space and love to see Barca constantly probing and waiting for one player to fall asleep for a split second and they punish them. A quality defensive display against a side as good as Barca can be as exciting as a quality attacking display like we're seeing tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Can see Milan scoring, just think that Barca will score 4 before they pull one back.

CRINGE!

Well try to dispute it. This is a great side, a truly great side that will undoubtedly go down as one of the best teams ever and here we are watching them in their pomp. Something you and I will tell our kids and grandkids about in years to come just like we've all heard about the great Dutch, Brazilian, Hungary and Real Madrid sides of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

THFC wrote: »
    Delusion alive and well on boards.ie. Some of the posts on this thread have been mind-numbingly farcical, from both sides.

Well we can't all be football experts like yourself I suppose. But piping in with your bit of criticism and then keeping all the juicy secrets of how game is played to yourself doesn't really help me either.

So what exactly did you not agree with? Do Barca not play an extremely high pressure game (both when not in possession and then formation-wise when in possession?) or is their success based solely on being able to turn up and pass the ball around better, longer and more cleverly than the other team?

I look forward to your views. In the meantime, please bear with me and others who make a comment that doesn't meet your standard. I know football is a very complicated past-time that only a very select few in the world could possibly understand, but the rest of us are trying our best to catch up and are willing to learn. Any info you could pass on would be gratefully received.

Switch over to ITV to hear them describing this game as the "most intense game ever"

:rolleyes:

Both Tv3 and ITV are poor for analysis. Funningly enough it's only Keane I like watching on ITV for a bit of controversy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Question for a certain someone, if Barcelona are football from the heavens themselves, why is a Man U reserve their diety

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Never knew that Eli Manning and Andersonisgod were an item.

Congratulations on the births.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

You sound like Sky Sports.
    The metamorphosis of the football fan is complete.

Question for a certain someone, if Barcelona are football from the heavens themselves, why is a Man U reserve their diety

You mean the young lad who moved to Man Utd, came home and won 2 Champions Leagues, 2 European Championships and a World Cup? He grew up.

• Advertisement

You mean the young lad who moved to Man Utd, came home and won 2 Champions Leagues, 2 European Championships and a World Cup? He grew up.
    Become a subscriber and change your name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Both Tv3 and ITV are poor for analysis. Funningly enough it's only Keane I like watching on ITV for a bit of controversy.

I'll see your Itv and Tv3 and raise you this :

Eamon-Dunphy-300x168.png

Busquets is unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Well try to dispute it. This is a great side, a truly great side that will undoubtedly go down as one of the best teams ever and here we are watching them in their pomp. Something you and I will tell our kids and grandkids about in years to come just like we've all heard about the great Dutch, Brazilian, Hungary and Real Madrid sides of the past.
    I ve had the older generation describe how great the above teams were but fúck me pink , you re going make your grand children want to punch you when you describe Barcelona to them

Messi getting creamed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What was the defender at there?!

what a finish

3-0

My TV seemed to go into Fast forward there..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Yaaasss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lovely finish again. Defender completely sold himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just far too good. I am delighted and hope they go through. Just so beautiful to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Great finish!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Said it before, and I'll say it again.. I fcuking love David Villa

Tv3 commentaters sound gutted :pac:

Good finish. Poor goal to comceed though.

• Advertisement

Mascherano! Iniesta! Xavi! Villa! Brilliant, simply brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Delighted for Villa!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

What a finish by David Villa , Milan are gone now I can't see anything but a Barcelona thumping .

Tv3 commentaters sound gutted :pac:

Not getting the overtime from extra time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Think Milan are punch drunk at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The little magician is running the show again.
    Will we ever see his like again?

They will need another in which they should get in t-10, 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just far too good. I am delighted and hope they go through. Just so beautiful to watch.

Have to agree that it's best for this tournament that they go through.

They had to prove it tonight. They have (so far at least).

If the match plays out like this I don;t think anyone can begrudge them this victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Doesn't hold a candle to Paul Daniels.

Milan will surely end the match a man down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

some bunch of foulers this ac mob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Milan started the game wrong in trying to defend their own box for 90 minutes imo, but the early goal made this game so much more manageable for Barca, if Milan could have managed to keep it 0-0 for 20 minutes or so they might have had a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

some bunch of foulers this ac mob

a bunch of foulers v a bunch of divers.

The perfect game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

A Milan goal would be amusing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement