Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F.C. Barcelona vs A.C. Milan CL last 16 2nd leg Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

mes que un club

Ah, habla espanol? Donde estudiar el idioma? Ja ja ja ja ja.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭LowOdour

"kieran, did ya order that taxi" ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

No arguments. Can't play poorly against the best team in the world and expect anything other than being embarrassed. Barca were awesome, nobody lives with them when they're in that mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not a gambler but wouldn't 12/1 for 4-0 be poor odds, even if it is Barcelona?

I backed Barce at 13/8 to go through in 90 mins..... Not great odds but a wins a win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

elaborate

No need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

THFC wrote: »
    Jesus, settle there. If I knew you were going to be so fcukin precious about it I wouldn't have bothered.

I think the general consensus would be that Barca try and actually play their way into the box, waiting for inevitable openings that occur from plenty of passing on the edge of the box, stretching the defence from one side to the other. Saying that they rely on mistakes is incredibly disingenuous.

You 'think'? Don't be so modest. You're clearly an expert on Barca. So much so that you can actually post during their matches and still not miss a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

elaborate

you first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Had no idea that Robinho was 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not a gambler but wouldn't 12/1 for 4-0 be poor odds, even if it is Barcelona?

The odds on a Milan win alone in the fist leg were something like 7/1. I was looking at the running odds after the first goal, 3 nil had the lowest odds for a correct score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

https://www.facebook.com/BTBFootballTipster

Saw the bet on this site.

I have nothing to do with the site, or the person that put on the bet, but it was posted yesterday.

Fair play to your man, if it was a real bet. Great to hear some good news stories these days :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

keith16 wrote: »
    you first

no need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

derfderf wrote: »

The odds on a Milan win alone in the fist leg were something like 7/1. I was looking at the running odds after the first goal, 3 nil had the lowest odds for a correct score.
    11/2 they were

Manc-Red wrote: »
    I backed Barce at 13/8 to go through in 90 mins..... Not great odds but a wins a win!

Where you get that? I had them at 2/1 on betfair

no need

Ah there is though :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

kryogen wrote: »
    Where you get that? I had them at 2/1 on betfair

Sure paddypower was 6/5 for barca to get through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Anyone not acknowledging that as an awesome Barca performance is sucking some serious lemons.

Ah there is though :)

nope

Different game if Messi's 2nd is ruled out and it's still 1-0 at HT. Milan looked like scoring when Barca had to play their way back into the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

inmyday wrote: »

That would have included if it went to extra time though.

• Advertisement

inmyday wrote: »

Can't understand why people still bet with them, or most bookies in general actually :D

CSF wrote: »
    Different game if Messi's 2nd is ruled out and it's still 1-0 at HT. Milan looked like scoring when Barca had to play their way back into the game.

They do get some incredible luck in these games alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I don't think you can argue with that, Barca were top notch tonight.
    They simply didn't allow Milan to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Milan got what they deserved in the end.

Came out with no real gameplan, playing 3 attacking players who had no intention of trying to hold onto the ball to give the defenders a break or putting together a meaningful attack. I think Allegri got the tactics wrong.

The Milan players looked scared and out of their depth, that last free kick by Robinho summed it up.

All that said however, with a bit of luck they could have sneaked in a goal and hung on. As a Milan fan that Niang one on one hitting the post will haunt me for a while!

nope

Didn't think you would be able to manage it alright, but hey, cool catch phrase buddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Tbf Barca should have had a pen when 1-0 up. I've no complaints as a Milan fan, they knocked seven bells out of us.

• Advertisement

barca unlucky not to get two pens

Yup, it was very much handed to Barca tonight. They may have won anyway but I wouldn't have fancied them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,665 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4-0 to Barca, another great display from them

Milan got what they deserved in the end.

Came out with no real gameplan, playing 3 attacking players who had no intention of trying to hold onto the ball to give the defenders a break or putting together a meaningful attack. I think Allegri got the tactics wrong.

The Milan players looked scared and out of their depth, that last free kick by Robinho summed it up.

All that said however, with a bit of luck they could have sneaked in a goal and hung on. As a Milan fan that Niang one on one hitting the post will haunt me for a while!

Trying to figure out if they really had no game plan tonight, or if it went out the window when they concede the early goal

Rekop dog wrote: »

Tbf Barca should have had a pen when 1-0 up. I've no complaints as a Milan fan, they knocked seven bells out of us.
    Which peno was this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Was sure Milan would score at some stage tonight. Barcelona were different class, awesome and unplayable at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Presumably including the blatant penalty they weren't given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Which peno was this?

Constant (I think) against Pedro?

Why would the second be ruled out?

Rekop dog wrote: »

Thats true alright, if its the one where Abate seemed to foul Pedro, I thought that was a certain peno at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Tot el camp .
    és un clam som la gent blau-grana .
    tant se val d´on venim, si del sud o del nord,
    ara estem d´acord,
    estem d´acord una bandera ens agermana:
    blau-grana al vent,
    un crit valent,
    tenim un nom,
    el sap tothom:
    Barça! Barça! Baaarça!

Jugadors .
    Seguidors .
    tots units fem força: .
    són molts anys plens d´afanys, .
    són molts gols que hem cridat, .
    i s´ha demostrat, s´ha demostrat, .
    que mai ningú no ens podrà tórcer: .
    Blau-grana al vent, .
    un crit valent, .
    tenim un nom, .
    el sap tothom: .
    Barça! Barça! Baaarça!

An exhibition of how football should be played. Featuring 8 graduates of La Masia starting for the senior side. All that was right with the game was on display tonight. You say you love defending? Tonight you saw the best kind of defence, the Barcelona pressing was the most aggressive it's been this season. You love pure football? It doesn't get purer than that, the passing as sharp, accurate, intricate, and perfectly considered as its ever been. The questions asked, the ill and absent manager, the talk of perhaps a decline or a shifting of the balance of power, the never before overcome scoreline in this competition, Barcelona overcame it all.

I don't like to single out just one player but Xavi Hernandez tonight was without equal. In the big game, once again, the symbol of La Masia steps up to the mark. For me, the finest midfielder of his generation.But this was a team effort and each player was terrific on the ball and off the ball.

I think this was a victory for football. Milan, content to stick everyone behind the ball, making little effort to keep the ball, rightly beaten by a side who came to play, who always try to play and try to play the right way.

Barcelona's great remontada complete, their philosophy vindicated, their status unquestionable, this is now undoubtedly the team to beat in this years competition, following yet another masterclass from the greatest team of their generation and probably the greatest team that this sport has ever witnessed.

miralize wrote: »

Was well offside but a difficult one to spot with the way Messi dropped back.

Gbear wrote: »
    Presumably including the blatant penalty they weren't given.

I see, so if they get a decision that does go against them now and then it obviously cancels out all the ones that go for them. Simples.

Sensitive bunch the Barca fans, could just admit when you get a slice of luck and be happy, not like ye can control it

Tot el camp .
    ara estem d´acord,
    blau-grana al vent,
    un crit valent,
    tenim un nom,
    el sap tothom:
    Barça! Barça! Baaarça!

Jugadors .
    Seguidors .
    Blau-grana al vent, .
    un crit valent, .
    tenim un nom, .
    Barça! Barça! Baaarça!

An exhibition of how football should be played. Featuring 8 graduates of La Masia starting for the senior side. All that was right with the game was on display tonight. You say you love defending? Tonight you saw the best kind of defence, the Barcelona pressing was the most aggressive it's been this season. You love pure football? It doesn't get purer than that, the passing as sharp, accurate, intricate, and perfectly considered as its ever been. The questions asked, the ill and absent manager, the talk of perhaps a decline or a shifting of the balance of power, the never before overcome scoreline in this competition, Barcelona overcame it all.

I don't like to single out just one player but Xavi Hernandez tonight was without equal. In the big game, once again, the symbol of La Masia steps up to the mark. For me, the finest midfielder of his generation.But this was a team effort and each player was terrific on the ball and off the ball.

I think this was a victory for football. Milan, content to stick everyone behind the ball, making little effort to keep the ball, rightly beaten by a side who came to play, who always try to play and try to play the right way.

Barcelona's great remontada complete, their philosophy vindicated, their status unquestionable, this is now undoubtedly the team to beat in this years competition, following yet another masterclass from the greatest team of their generation and probably the greatest team that this sport has ever witnessed.
    I'd day you've a horn on ya that could pull a bull out of a ditch :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Exchanges Ftw.

On the game Barca are joy to watch. Jealous but still admire them.

I think I enjoy them when they defend as much as when they attack.

The way they press and close down space for opponents to make mistake is just as good as their attacking play.

Their only downfall is that they seem to have no Plan B in sometimes.

But then again when you have that quality you mostly don't need one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Aidric wrote: »
    Anyone not acknowledging that as an awesome Barca performance is sucking some serious lemons.

I honestly don't get the Barca hate. We're lucky to be alive in the generation of this greatness.

• Advertisement

Tot el camp .
    ara estem d´acord,
    blau-grana al vent,
    un crit valent,
    tenim un nom,
    el sap tothom:
    Barça! Barça! Baaarça!

Jugadors .
    Seguidors .
    Blau-grana al vent, .
    un crit valent, .
    tenim un nom, .
    Barça! Barça! Baaarça!

hammer.nail.head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ah to be fair that offside looked incredibly hard to call in real time, especially with Messi moving back towards the defence. No conspiracy theory about it. It was a tight call IMO.

Also Barca had one great shout for a peno.

miralize wrote: »

Messi was offside. I didn't think Barca should have had a peno in the first. In the second half yes, but the game would have been much different in the second if it was still 1-0.

These injustices are getting too frequent in the Champions League with Barca and I don't know if Mourinho was too far off the mark with some of his statements in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Tot el camp .
    ara estem d´acord,
    blau-grana al vent,
    un crit valent,
    tenim un nom,
    el sap tothom:
    Barça! Barça! Baaarça!

Jugadors .
    Seguidors .
    Blau-grana al vent, .
    un crit valent, .
    tenim un nom, .
    Barça! Barça! Baaarça!

What a twat

I have to say, Barca fan boys are excellent :)

Enjoy the night lads, excellent display tonight, Milan were piss of course but Barca played very well.

Madrid v Barca final maybe? Would be quite a spectacle I'd say and Barca have a point to prove since they got spanked twice in a week by them recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

adox wrote: »
    Ah to be fair that offside looked incredibly hard to call in real time, especially with Messi moving back towards the defence. No conspiracy theory about it. It was a tight call IMO.

Also Barca had one great shout for a peno.
    This isn't an isolated incident though, I can't remember Barca ever not getting a game changing decision when behind in the KO stages in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I'd day you've a horn on ya that could pull a bull out of a ditch :pac:

haha I'm delighted. All the questions asked of them answered in the best way imaginable. I genuinely think it's a great gift that I am witnessing such a team, in real time at an age I can fully appreciate the brilliance of this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Tot el camp .
    ara estem d´acord,
    blau-grana al vent,
    un crit valent,
    tenim un nom,
    el sap tothom:
    Barça! Barça! Baaarça!

Jugadors .
    Seguidors .
    Blau-grana al vent, .
    un crit valent, .
    tenim un nom, .
    Barça! Barça! Baaarça!

They better hope that they don't meet real madrid in the next round considering the lesson they got in the last cup game;)

• Advertisement

Long way to go for them in this tournament, Bayern are always a danger, Madrid seem to worked Barca out and Ronaldo scores against them for fun these days, but they are of course one of the favourites for it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement