Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A good 'budget' hot cloth cleanser?

• 12-03-2013 11:51am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per the title...

I'm looking for a really good hot cloth cleanser that won't break the bank.. I've been using an Elemis one but it's a little pricey for every day use..

Something maybe under the €20 mark.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I love using a hot cloth cleanser, but haven’t found a budget one I like. So now I just use La Roche Posay cleanser and a clean face cloth! Just as good and cheap as chips (the cleanser is €13) It really does leave my skin lovely and soft and La Roche Posay is so gentle on the skin, so i'd really recommend if you have sensitive skin. I have mild adult acne and found it has improved so much since I started using La Roche Posay.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Cheers, so do you just use that cleanser the same as you would a hot cloth one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

xzanti wrote: »
    Cheers, so do you just use that cleanser the same as you would a hot cloth one?
    Yes, exactly the same way. I use a cleansing wipe to take the bulk of my makeup off and to prevent the cloth getting manky. I then use the cleanser as normal and then wipe off with a hot, damp cloth. You just have to be careful to dry the cloth out carefully and then I wash it every couple of days.

I think you could use any cleanser you wanted with a hot face cloth and it would work pretty much the same way. I like La Roche Posay as it really helps my bad skin.

I have also heard good things about the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, think it’s about the €20 mark.

Great must try that.

Yeah I tend to just toss the cloths in the wash after each use.. have a few of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

Have you tried the oil cleansing method? Very cheap and I swear by it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Have you tried the oil cleansing method? Very cheap and I swear by it.
    I second that! Started using virgin olive oil and works perfectly removing makeup etc. My skin is really soft and hasn't caused any breakouts or anything.

Just had a quick look at the oil cleansing method...

Very interesting.. I must try that.. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Superdrug are supposed to have a very good one out at the moment if your anywhere near one of their stores. I've used Soap & Glory in the past too, its good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I highly recommend the Nuxe 'Melting Cleansing Gel with Rose Petals'. I was using an Elemis one for a while too, it was great, but too expensive. I swear by the Nuxe one now. I find it gives a really deep cleanse but isn't at all drying and is still quite gentle.

It's not a hot cloth cleanser per say, but I used it with hot water and a face cloth, it does a really good job.

I think it's about €17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I love Liz earle hot cloth cleanse, really gentle yet effective at removing make up. I'm now using moo goo's oil cleansing method cleanser & I'm loving it.. it was €18.40. My skin feels soft after using it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

No 7 do one, it's quite nice, but I've never used a high end one so can't compare!

As for the cloths, you should be able to buy muslin fabric by the metre in Hickey's and then just cut to size.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Anabelle

I like the No.7 one. Have used the Liz Earle one too but didn't find it as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I liked the no7 one but also tried using the hot cloth with other cleansers and it works great. I'm currently using cheek softening cleanser by a brand called naked. Free of parabens , petrochemicals etc and takes off makeup really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I liked the No. 7 Hot Cloth Cleanser. I bought it more than once so I thought it was good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Liz Earle is good. To be honest any foaming cleanser can be a Hot Cloth cleanser... buy the product, a few muslin cloths and you're away.

I went from Liz Earle to Boots Botanics. The results are the same. I use flannels or the Liz Earle cloths I have left over. Perfect every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Word of warning about the No7 one. Smell it before u but it. I actually liked the product but stopped using it because of the over powering smell which reminded be every time of flowery toilet cleaner.

That aside its a good product if you're not offended by the smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Oil cleansing is the best. I have acne prone skin and this works the best for me. It's also very cheap. I can't use most cream cleansers, including the Liz Earle one, due to acne problems and sensitivity.

It is hard to find the oil that works for you though. For me, it's mineral oil. Jojoba and olive oil, which are popular for oil cleansing, don't work me. (Well, for my face, I love olive oil for hair!) It is different for everyone.

Do you still need to moisturise with the oil cleansing method? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

another vote for the no 7 hot cloth one. I am not normally a big no 7 fan but loved this - it takes everything off and lasts ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

xzanti wrote: »
    Do you still need to moisturise with the oil cleansing method? :confused:

It depends on your skin type. I know people who don't. I do, as I have normal-to-dry skin atm. There have been times when I didn't moisturise, as I felt I didn't need it. YMMV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

so the Soap and Glory hot cloth cleanser is sooo similar to the Liz Earle one!! I have both and I don't find too much of a difference to be honest :) Here's a link comparing the two, down to the ingredients! http://www.dollyrouge.ie/2012/02/soap-glory-the-fab-pore-vs-liz-earle-cleanse-polish/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I love the No 7 one and the €6.50 vouchers are floating around at the mo. Also the Superdrug Vitamin E cleanser is great, I repurchase any time I am near a Superdrug and Soap & Glory have one and it also comes with a muslin cloth and definitely comes within 20 dolla :)

Advertisement