Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finding a puppie......

• 12-03-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,
    I am just wondering if anybody knows if there is a place you can go to to interact with puppies?
    I have a one and a half year old so I don't want to rush into buying a puppy, I'd like to see how he reacts with one first.
    Anywhere in and around the Dublin area.
    Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

If its a rescue puppy that you're looking for I think most reputable animal shelters/rescues would be happy for all the family who will be living with the dog to meet the dog before adoption. Its probable best to google your area for rescues and contact them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 amyjtyrrell

Great thanks for your reply I think that's wat we shall do as at least we know the dog will have been well looked after :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

This Sunday at the National Show Centre in Cloghran there is a Dog Expo. It starts at 11am. I can't link as am on the phone. There are all sorts of fun dog events and there will be breed club stands. My dogs will be there and you are more then welcome to let your child interact with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Maybe offer to foster a puppy from a rescue until it finds is's forever home.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 amyjtyrrell

RubyGirl wrote: »

Great idea thank you :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Kloecor

RubyGirl wrote: »

That's a perfect idea! And also if ye get along really well with the puppy ye could end up adopting it yourselves! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AdoptAPet

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Knine wrote: »
    This Sunday at the National Show Centre in Cloghran there is a Dog Expo. It starts at 11am. I can't link as am on the phone. There are all sorts of fun dog events and there will be breed club stands. My dogs will be there and you are more then welcome to let your child interact with them.

Might just head out there myself.. tks Knine :D

Advertisement