Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sleeping Dogs (€9.99 / 840 Microsoft Points) on Xbox Live

• 12-03-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭

Seems good to me. Seems to be at best €20 for the disk in most places...

B81eSHJl.jpg

Part of the Deal of the Week promotion. Might be Gold Only (not sure)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

DLC is on sale too:

--Deep Undercover Pack - 120msp (was 240)
    --Dragon Master Pack - 320msp (was 640)
    --GSP Pack - 120msp (was 240)
    --High Roller Pack - 120msp (was 240)
    --Martial Arts Pack - 120msp (was 240)
    --Movie Masters Pack - 80msp (was 160)
    --Nightmare In North Point Pack - 280msp (was 560)
    --Police Protection Pack - 120msp (was 240)
    --Retro Triad Pack - 80msp (was 160)
    --Square Enix Character Pack - 80msp (was 160)
    --Tactical Soldier Pack - 80msp (was 160)
    --Triad Enforcer Pack - 120msp (was 240)

...some of this is pointless tat though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Nice... thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

great deal, good to see MS giving someth good deals like last weeks max payne 3 etc. Unfortuantely ps plus beat them to the punch this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Deus Ex: Human revolution is the same price as well. Sleeping dogs looks like great fun though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Savage deal looking forward to playing this tomorow now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm not a fan of Assassin's Creed, but I do like GTA ... is this more Assassin's Creed than GTA in terms of fighting style? It seems to be more melee combat than shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Assassin's Creed, but I do like GTA ... is this more Assassin's Creed than GTA in terms of fighting style? It seems to be more melee combat than shooting.
    Melee is more akin to the Batman games.There is shooting segments but I haven't used a gun yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Picked up Deus Ex and Sleeping Dogs.

Both cost €24 with points. Great price.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Both cost €24 with points. Great price.

840 points is more like 6.75 euro (if you bought your points through cheapxboxlivecodes.com)

So would be more like 13.50 for both non?

Btw they have Dark Souls for 19.99 aswell, Can you buy an external hard drive for Xbox 360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Btw they have Dark Souls for 19.99 aswell, Can you buy an external hard drive for Xbox 360

You can use USB drives AFAIK

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

ciano1 wrote: »
    You can use USB drives AFAIK

Only up to 16gbs tho i think

Tinie wrote: »

Only up to 16gbs tho i think
    Up to 32 gigs now. Not sure If That's for each flash drive(64GB) or the max total of both.

Oh so i can use a small one ?

Yes, to my knowledge though I've never used one myself. Minimum of a gig if memory serves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

400pts on the Hungarian marketplace. I'm pretty sure you can buy Irish MS pts cards and use them as well but don't quote me on that. Has to be at least 800pts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

snausages wrote: »
    400pts on the Hungarian marketplace. I'm pretty sure you can buy Irish MS pts cards and use them as well but don't quote me on that. Has to be at least 800pts.

Any points card you buy here will work for purchases in any EU region, so in short yes you could buy a card and add the points to your Hungarian cousins account ;)

Edit: Argos are still selling 2100 for 21.99 if you have to go the B&M route, with £ the rate it was the other day I got 2100 on cheap live codes for a little under €19

Nice, got Sleeping Dogs for approx €3.40 using this method... Tomb Raider Anniversary and Underworld are also 400 points on hungarian marketplace

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

mrcheez wrote: »
    Nice, got Sleeping Dogs for approx €3.40 using this method... Tomb Raider Anniversary and Underworld are also 400 points on hungarian marketplace

What do you do? Go to the hungarian Marketplace and purchase from there????

Yeah how do you do the workaround ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

You need to set up a new gamertag with Hungary as your country. You might need to set up a new hotmail account as well. You have to buy pts cards, you can't just buy direct with an Irish debit/credit card. But I think the deal has expired now. If it hasn't then it's going to very soon.

Yep basically
    - create a new hungarian account and new gamertag
    - buy some points on cheapXboxlivecodes.com (this is cheapest at the mo due to sterling exchange rate).. 400 points = €3.40
    You have to buy at least 800 points before it can be added to the hungarian acc

- add the points to the hungarian gamertag
    - wait for next deal and more than likely it will be cheaper on the hungarian profile...this seems to be the case generally

Once game downloaded you can log back into your Irish profile and play the game.

PS be sure to look for the word "Angol" in the description as this ensures that the game will have an english language version...most of them do

Ah no I bought it for the 800 points was just curious how ya did it :)

Ah no I bought it for the 800 points was just curious how ya did it :)

No worries, but thought i'd make it clear for others too

Advertisement