Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil Sale this week

Options
  • 12-03-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭

When I saw the news I was beaming as I was mad to get Resi 4 in a sale (20 quid is too much) but alas instead of a price reduction, they are keeping it the same and adding CVX as a bundle. No interest to me.

Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 Bundle Pack (not available in Germany)
    €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95

Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil CVX (not available in Germany)
    €19.99/£15.99/AU$24.95

Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (not available in Germany)
    Was €26.99/£21.99/AU$39.95, now €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
    Was €14.99/£10.99/AU$17.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
    Was €14.99/£10.99/AU$17.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45

Resident Evil 6
    Was €39.99/£24.99/AU$49.95, now €24.99/£19.99/AU$36.95

Resident Evil Super Bundle (not available in Germany)
    €69.99/£59.99/AU$99.95

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

Are all these on the psn? Do you get everything with the super bundle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

trev179 wrote: »

Yeah, according to a reply to that question in the comments on the blog you get everything in the super bundle.

I played and liked 2 but didn't like 5 so much. Thinking about getting 4 as I hear it's good. Worth the €19.99? (bit steep for a PS2 game notwithstanding the fact that it's a HD job)

Edit: Sorry Sheehy, didn't read the intro to your post that basically answers my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

20 euro is too much. But I think there will be added discount for psn+ so fingers crossed there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not bad and the best thing is that the PS1 games are the NTSC versions.

On another note, Resi 6 is going dirt cheap on playasia at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Are the Chronicles any good? Never played them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I really want to get Resi 2 & Resi 4, pity they don't have individual sale prices.

Resi 6 is going cheap for a very very good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

So which of resi 1 - 4 are hd remakes?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've been thinking about getting some of the older titles... Wonder will the super bundle come down?

So which of resi 1 - 4 are hd remakes?

Only Resi 4 as far as I'm aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Only Resi 4 as far as I'm aware.

Yeah, just 4 and Code whatever it's called. Capcom said they haven't ruled out doing a remake of 2 but it's not in the works yet anyway.

• Advertisement

They are already on PSN except for the bundles. The bundles and new sale prices will be available from tomorrow afternoon sometime.

I emailed Capcom last September to ask if Resi 4 would go on sale and they replied with the below. I was fully expecting Resi 4 to go on sale at some point for 12 - 15 quid with extra features.
    I can only advise to keep checking there for prices but also to check on www.capcom-europe.com, as we list information on new games and new versions of our classic games there - it may be that Resident Evil 4 will go on reduced sale price and may even at one stage have extra features!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not bad and the best thing is that the PS1 games are the NTSC versions.

I know RE2 and 3 are, but are you sure about RE1?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,374 ✭✭✭✭noodler

sheehy83 wrote: »

I emailed Capcom last September to ask if Resi 4 would go on sale and they replied with the below. I was fully expecting Resi 4 to go on sale at some point for 12 - 15 quid with extra features.

There is no way a company is ever going to tell you that sort of information in advance.

I mean think about it - "yes Mr customer, I can confirm we will be selling Resi 4 at a discount in 3 weeks so don't you go spending full price on it - keep that between us, ok?".

Thats even assuming the people who answer the mails even have a clue when a sale is upcoming and what exactly will be on sale.

Ah yeah I was only chancing my arm with that but wit was a bit strange to get a response that an updated version with extra features might get released.

Anyway, anyone purchase any of the old titles from the sale?

Advertisement