Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors in Maynooth

Options
  • 12-03-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi

Could somebody please recommend a good Doctor in Maynooth.

I find Gaffney dreadful to deal with so a change looks like it is on the cards.

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Depends on what you want I suppose, Wilson in the Leinster Clinic I found great, opening hours monday - friday 9 - 5 meant it was a little tricky to get to.

My sister finds the place on Main St decent, beside the pharmacy - Eithne Bolger.

Have just started with Cowhey myself, better opening hours, being the only reason why.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Teaandcoffee

Thanks Staplor. I'll be sure to check them out. Having a non-judgmental Doctor will be a change to say the least or a Doctor that actually listens to what you are saying. I'm not getting that were I currently am.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 flux27

I go to Dr O Sullivan [female] in the Parklands Medical Centre and I find her to be excellent. There is also a male doctor there - Dr Cowhey that my husband goes to and he finds him good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm with Dr. O'Rourke for years. Not sure if he's taking any new patients though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We use Primacare due to its opening hours and it being 40 euro a visit 60 for a family one.
    No complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've used Christy O'Rourke for years but I'm pretty certain he's not taking new patients at all; however his website doesn't say that so its worth calling them.

You're unlikely to see the same GP twice in Primacare, which is a problem if you've got ongoing issues but isn't really an issue for once off problems.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

MYOB wrote: »
    I've used Christy O'Rourke for years but I'm pretty certain he's not taking new patients at all; however his website doesn't say that so its worth calling them.

You're unlikely to see the same GP twice in Primacare, which is a problem if you've got ongoing issues but isn't really an issue for once off problems.

We always see the same one, the main doctor has changed though.
    I just ring and book and it is always the same doctor...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'd second Dr O'Sullivan & Dr. Cowhey in Parklands, been attending there since I was 12 and really like them - they're very approchable and very thorough

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭AZTEC818

Does Dr. Cowhey accept medical card patients ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The surgery has medical card contracts. I don't know offhand whether or not they're taking on new patients, but they'll let you know if you call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Dr. Cowhey has been our family doctor for years, find him great to be honest...
    I do hear a lot of great things about Dr. Neville Wilson in the Leinster Clinic though, South African chap, very good with alternatives rather than just prescribing something for the pain I believe (someone will correct me if I'm wrong!)

Advertisement