Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Larkin of course, sure anyone could use pots and pans like!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyone wrote: »
    HeidiHeidi: Natalie doing lobster tail starter, pork roast main and a panna cotta(massively scaled down description)

I can only imagine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Dale doing a fish starter, guinea fowl main, and champagne panna cotta desert.

Larkin: mixed chinese starter, 3 roast(2 pork and duck) chinese main, and a chocolate mojito desert

Anyone wrote: »
    Dale doing a fish starter, guinea fowl main, and champagne panna cotta desert.

Larkin: mixed chinese starter, 3 roast(2 pork and duck) chinese main, and a chocolate mojito desert

Oooh I fancy Larkin's offerings......

Larkin's food looks incredible, hairdryer or no hairdryer, fair play!

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oooh I fancy Larkin's offerings......

Looks amazing.

Larkin's dessert portion is tiny! The mojito snow idea is great though.
    Normal to have no negatives at this stage in judging or is he just really really good?

Edit: Ah poor Dale, that answers my question :(

dee_mc wrote: »
    Larkin's dessert portion is tiny! The mojito snow idea is great though.
    Normal to have no negatives at this stage in judging or is he just really really good?

Edit: Ah poor Dale, that answers my question :(

Oh lordy, what did Dale do this time???

HeidiHeidi: I'm going to put the winner in a spoiler in case anybody wants to watch it and not know the winner.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oh lordy, what did Dale do this time???

Nothing major, the fish was slightly under on his starter.

• Advertisement

Dale's fish was slightly under, but otherwise his feedback was brilliant
    I thought his dessert looked a bit... regurgitated?... but they loved it!

That main Natalie made looks massive, lol!!

And the winner is
    Natalie! Fair play to her, most consistent throughout
    Hope your recording works HeidiHeidi the food was amazing.

Well done the winner!

Thanks for the updates guys :D Looking forward to seeing it for real next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

The food looked fantastic tonight, Larkin really stepped up to the mark. Dale came into his own, no tears tonight....

Natalie's was as usual up to high standards. She has been consistent.

It was good this season, I'm a bit amazed at the lack of cooking some of the contestants had behind them, not cooking lamb, game etc. I expected a higher standard to come through the heats.

Good craic overall, they would be lost without the sous-vide!....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Excellent series again. Winner was well deserved. Other 2 were clearly chasing them for the final episode. Masterchef the Professionals is currently being filmed whoopee. I would be afraid of that Monika though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

LOL Dovies, can you imagine Monika looking over your shoulder in the kitchen pulling "one of her looks?"...........:)

I'd be out the door, on a bus and in town before she could exhale.......:(

Looking forward to the PMC definitely!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Of the final meals, I liked Larkin's best and if it was just judged on that alone then he should have won. Overall though Natalie was definitely the most deserving. Nice to see she has Irish roots too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Congrats to Ray Darcy who announced the winner this morning on his show (and then said "spoiler warning"). Not really how that works, Ray.

Ah well, I'll still watch it tonight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I thought the series started well but fizzled out towards the end. Was hugely predictable that the judges had Natalie picked as the winner many episodes ago and nothing was going to change that. Thought the overall standard was down from last year too, no one came close to the talent and innovation of Tim. Looking forward to the professionals series though, a much better series all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Really disappointed with that series. Spent most other series thinking how in gods name did they make that. This series was all a bit meh, can't believe that cockney girl won it, I thought her food was boring and unimaginative in the extreme. Larkin's food was phenomenal, only person I was impressed with in the series. Yeah he made some big mistakes but he's the one I would be chomping at the bit to go to his restaurant, and he had a flawless final. Can't see myself bothering to tune in next season, it's all getting a bit too reality tv show compared to the first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Enjoyed the series but the standard of the cooks wasn't as high as in previous years. Had Natalie picked as winner from her first appearance as Greg was definitely on her side from the word go. That is not to say she didn't deserve her win. Roll on next year.

Anyone watching MC The Professionals on RTE2?

Some of the contestants look really familiar (Steve, the girl with silver/blonde hair - Jackie?), yet others I really don't remember at all.

It's driving me mad trying to figure out where I know the two from, or have I just seen the series before and have completely forgotten the others :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

This is so true
    enhanced-buzz-12508-1367939280-10.jpg

LizT wrote: »
    This is so true
    enhanced-buzz-12508-1367939280-10.jpg

Brilliant :D

Advertisement