Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIN Number and Bank Account

Options
  • 12-03-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I was just wondering, is it possible to get your SIN number before you go. It would be handy.

Also, can anybody recommend a bank that it is possible to set up an account with before going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Mate of mine has applied for his SIN number already and started setting his bank account up already and he is not going to till the end of May. Dont have the sites he used but can find out if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

locoo wrote: »
    I was just wondering, is it possible to get your SIN number before you go. It would be handy.

Also, can anybody recommend a bank that it is possible to set up an account with before going?

It will take you 15 minutes to get your SIN set up.
    You will need ID and they will need to see your work permit to set it up for you.
    They will give you the number on the spot and mail the card out to you the within a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Mate of mine has applied for his SIN number already and started setting his bank account up already and he is not going to till the end of May. Dont have the sites he used but can find out if needed

Don't think that's possible. You need you work permit to apply for a sin which he won't be issued till he crosses border control and you'll need to produce ID and sign paper work to start a bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Don't think that's possible. You need you work permit to apply for a sin which he won't be issued till he crosses border control and you'll need to produce ID and sign paper work to start a bank account.

I was thinking that myself but he has sent of for it already. He seems to think that you can so i duno:confused:

Advertisement