Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earphones

Options
  • 12-03-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good set of earphones for gym running? I have the Motoactv but the ones that came with it aren't really loud enough and right earphone is nearly silent.
    Looking for something comfortable and good loud volume. Was interested in adidas/sennheiser range but reviews online suggest volume control is bulky and annoying when running.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

dendof wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good set of earphones for gym running? I have the Motoactv but the ones that came with it aren't really loud enough and right earphone is nearly silent.
    Looking for something comfortable and good loud volume. Was interested in adidas/sennheiser range but reviews online suggest volume control is bulky and annoying when running.

Please do a search,there are countless thread on this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Dixons and currys i find are the best

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DecoJ

I'd recommend these http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Sport_Fi_s/397.htm they're very durable, loads of earbud options and can get quite loud. Slightly bassy which can be good/bad depending on your preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Sennheiser 880 ocx if you can get them for cheap. Great fit and once they're in they stay in. The volume control is a little bulky, but I jog in them all the time and its never an issue, even if my ears sweat....which has been happening lately for some reason ^ ^.

As far as volume goes, a lot of players are throttled because of some EU directive. You might look into that. I use a cowon i9 and i had to change the region to non EU for the limiter to be removed.

If you can't then one of these babys are the job:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-iPhone/dp/B005OQOY7U/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1368619678&sr=8-9&keywords=e10+fiio
    I bought one for my piss poor IPod nano but it works on anything. It bypasses the ipod amplifier and believe me your ears will give out before this baby.

Advertisement