Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITEC MERIDIAN 3 Alarm pad

Options
  • 12-03-2013 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi , I have an Itec Meridian 3 alarm pad that is starting to act up i.e I have to push the numbers two or more times for them to work. The alarm has been in the house for 20+ years and has never given any problems except that we had a few sensors replaced and the battery replaced about two years ago.
    Is it expensive to replace the pad itself ? I'm unemployed so obviously my budget is limited. Any advice/recommendations welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

IItec is no more. You would not be able to get parts for this. A few hundred euros would get you a new panel and keypad to get you up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 candykisses

KoolKid wrote: »
    IItec is no more. You would not be able to get parts for this. A few hundred euros would get you a new panel and keypad to get you up and running.

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I just called an alarm company and they confirmed what you said but they quoted me €440 :eek::eek: and tha's without replacing the outside siren boxes or sensors .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And what system is that for?
    Get a few quotations you may do a little better .

They did't specify a particular system so I presume it would be the cheapest (bog standard) one that they have. I did'nt mention the name of the company in case that's not allowed on here otherwise you'd probably know the stuff they use. I got the number of a guy from a neighbour and called him, he said it might just be that the alarm pad needs to be opened and something inside it fixed. Can't quite remember what he called it but it sounded logical. He is going to call by next week so I will report back .
    Many thanks for the advice offered so far, this forum is so good for getting fast friendly advice when needed.
    :)

Pricewise there is very little difference between panels. If you are looking at changing the panel look for the. Siemens. SPC Panels or the HKC Securewave. Some lad's will try to get you to go for the older Securewatch. Don't accept this as an option. There is only a few€s in the difference and you are getting a way better system.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Pricewise there is very little difference between panels. If you are looking at changing the panel look for the. Siemens. SPC Panels or the HKC Securewave. Some lad's will try to get you to go for the older Securewatch. Don't accept this as an option. There is only a few€s in the difference and you are getting a way better system.

Looks like I may have to replace panel and alarm pad. Roughly, how much am I looking at to put in a HKC alarm ?? Would want the outside light thingy changed as well. Just looking for a rough idea of the overall cost - thanks.

Probably between €500 & €600 for Panel Keypad Bell & Battery.
    As always shop around & make sure your not pawned off with the older panels.

Advertisement