Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Is The New Dealz Going?

Options
  • 12-03-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭

I have been hearing a new store is opening soon, my sister lives in the Tipperary area and is wondering where it going.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's in Clonmel, the rumored location is on O'Connell Street but that has yet to be confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Thanks for the reply.

There is a €1.50 shop already in Clonmel but i think given the nature of such an industry and the current economic climate that both can thrive similar to the way Aldi and Lidl can coexist in the same towns.

They are brilliant shops btw. You'd easy pass an hour or two in them browsing through all the dirt cheap stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

There is a €1.50 shop already in Clonmel but i think given the nature of such an industry and the current economic climate that both can thrive similar to the way Aldi and Lidl can coexist in the same towns.

They are brilliant shops btw. You'd easy pass an hour or two in them browsing through all the dirt cheap stuff :)
    Not so sure if they can coexist,the opening of the euro50 shop resulted in the closing down of another discount store on O' Connell st shortly after.

tippspur wrote: »
    Not so sure if they can coexist,the opening of the euro50 shop resulted in the closing down of another discount store on O' Connell st shortly after.

Dealz, EuroGeneral and Euro50 are on a similar line though. Big chains with all their stock in the 1.50-2 euro 'pile em high and sell em cheap' line.

For a locally ran discount shop its hard to compete with the bigger chains and I notice the locally ran shops offer cheap but bigger goods in the €5+ range albeit not so much small knick nacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Anyone find out where it's going yet?

Advertisement