Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonberger

Options
  • 12-03-2013 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any breeders selling Leonberger pups.I've been had my eye on getting one for a few years now but since my 18th is coming up soon I'll probably be able to convince my parents to let me get one

any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

They are not a very common breed so there may be a waiting list. Have a look on the IKC website for the Club Secretary.

The only problem is who will look after the dog if you decide to leave home as they are a very large breed and expensive to keep. Have you done much research?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

Knine wrote: »
    They are not a very common breed so there may be a waiting list. Have a look on the IKC website for the Club Secretary.

The only problem is who will look after the dog if you decide to leave home as they are a very large breed and expensive to keep. Have you done much research?
    I have done quite a bit of research and I plan to go to college quite near me and I would take the dog with me if I moved out.I realise its a big dog but I have a reasonable back garden and I live next a very large park and theirs lots of forest walks near.If I did leave with out the dog My parents would look after it as we have quite good experience with dogs if I got this one it would be out 5th in 20 years
    +

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

They're still a pretty new breed, I think. The only guy I know that has one (actually, he has two) is in the UK, so it may be necessary to see about getting one from there.

They look lovely, but are too big and hairy for my tastes.

kylith wrote: »
    They're still a pretty new breed, I think. The only guy I know that has one (actually, he has two) is in the UK, so it may be necessary to see about getting one from there.

They look lovely, but are too big and hairy for my tastes.
    They're a bit hairy but I like my big dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I would say this is a good place to start. Have always loved these dogs. Best of luck.
    http://www.leonbergerclubireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I'll PM you the name of someone i know who is a breeder of Leonbergers.

They are a very reputable breeder but be prepared to wait a long time for a pup and be asked lots of questions before they will even consider selling one to you.

anniehoo wrote: »
    I'll PM you the name of someone i know who is a breeder of Leonbergers.

They are a very reputable breeder but be prepared to wait a long time for a pup and be asked lots of questions before they will even consider selling one to you.
    Cheers!

Bit of a random question do they get on well with old dogs and cats my dog is 14 and likes her own space and my cats a bit mental she walked into our house gave birth and wont leave and goes after my dogs tail whereas the dog is quiet sleeps a lot and hates other dogs in her face constantly starts fights with my sisters affectionate rottweiler!

Advertisement