Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barndance 2013

Options
  • 12-03-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Has anyone been to this event in years gone past? Thoughts? Are the bumper cars as amazing as I imagine they will be?

It appears to be very popular and has apparently grown massively over the years. I'm eager to see a few of the acts, I have never seen The Riptide Movement. It could be a great Good Friday, 29th March.

The tickets are pricey enough(over €50) but I guess with BYOB and a few bottle of Buckfast it might work out well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

went last year, decent enough. relatively well-run. new venue this year and seems to be far more talked about, so don't know how much capacity will be, so can't really say what this year will be like compared with last year.
    yeah, tickets are pricey, but you get a lot of music for that, plus with the BYOB, it works out cheaper in total than an average night out in a pub/club for me anyway.
    i'll probably go again this year if friends are up for it. wouldn't be on my "must do next year" list or anything, but it's a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ms.Pancake

Can you remember where it was last year and was it far from Dublin? Just wondering if it'll be in the same location this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's a different location this year than last apparently.
    it was somewhere in Kildare last year, can't remember where exactly, near Naas I think. was about 30mins from Dublin from what I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭JaManSnowFlake

I hope there'll be some good early bus banter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

I hear it's
    Kilkenny
    this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

The weather put me off this year, too bloody cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

The set up afterwards for getting home was a joke. 2 hrs in freezing cold waiting with hundreds others for a bus we had already paid for and had no choice but to get since its a "secret" venue. Really put a dampener on what was a brilliant day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Where was it? Live right beside the old venue!! Ragin it moved!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭JaManSnowFlake

It was held down in Glendelough and was a great day out, the venue was perfectly setup.

There were people bumbled onto buses at the Monstrose pickup point and didn't pay for tickets, the organisation of the buses could have been better. Though you do have to accept that you'll be waiting around at the end of the event, its not possible to have enough buses without some ferrying.

I'm upset I forgot to go on the bumper cars, I'll happily go again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

It was held down in Glendelough and was a great day out, the venue was perfectly setup.

There were people bumbled onto buses at the Monstrose pickup point and didn't pay for tickets, the organisation of the buses could have been better. Though you do have to accept that you'll be waiting around at the end of the event, its not possible to have enough buses without some ferrying.

I'm upset I forgot to go on the bumper cars, I'll happily go again next year.

Thats fine and I appreciate there will be some waiting around- but I paid for a ticket and a ticket for the bus ad its a bit Irish to be expected to wait arund for 2 hours after the gig ends in sub zero temps. Really disappointing organisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Anyone catch Young Folk? How were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Anyone else go to the last year? €60 seems very steep...worth a go ya think??

Advertisement