Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay due for previous year

Options
  • 12-03-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi

Hopefully someone can advise me.

I have two people who need to be paid for some work(school supervision) they did in previous tax years, one left in June 2011 and one Feb 2012.

I need to register them with revenue as employees first and give the start date. I will also need to issue P45s with their cessation date.

If I use the dates indicated, they will not show up in this years P60s or on the P35.

Any advice on the correct way to do this?

Thank you
    Paddyo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

This sounds very suspicious to be honest.

It sounds very much like someone trying to get two people on the higher teacher payscales of prior Feb 2012 and prior Jan 2011 when in fact they did not actually do any work.

If its easy for me to see through this, expect a world of trouble from the revenue and the department of education.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

Hi power101

Nothing suspicious here at all. These teachers were on temporary contracts and were not paid directly by the department for supervision.

The school has been slow in paying them for the supervision having received the grant from the department.

I got in touch with the revenue who said to register them for a week this year as they will need to appear on the P35 for the year as they are being paid this year.

Paddyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Revenue already answered your question, if you are unsure ask them for clarification.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

Its a fairly regular occurrence and not unusual.
    If you are paying someone for work done it is when the payment is made and not when it relates to that matters.
    So therefore payment is made in 2013, under tax rules for 2013 and will be returned on the P35 for 2013

Advertisement