Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Talaght Superbikes

• 12-03-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

I was looking at a bike there earlier on. Gonna give it a test drive and hopefully get a knowledgeable mate to look at it. Comes with a three month warranty.

Anyone any experience with the crew there?
    How are they if you go back with a problem?

Cheers,

Shane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've known lads who have bought from them before with no problems.

If you have a mate who knows his way around bikes I'd advise looking on donedeal & adverts and see what kind of prices you'll get with private sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

I'll post a link to my post in another thread regarding them. Read the other posts too and make your own mind up. I wouldn't reccomend them however.

link

I'm on my phone, so I hope that link works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If you want my 2 cents mate stay well clear....I had trouble with them and a mate had terrible probs.

COWBOYS TED....COWBOYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I had a bad experience with them too. I swore I'll never go near the place again. There are better places to spend your money who would appreciate it more and give you better service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I hate when I'm so wrong :(

• Advertisement

I hate when I'm so wrong :(

Everyone will have their own experience with a shop, but I have heard horror stories about these (2c)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭The Shane

We live in a terrifying age for anyone with shoddy customer service skills.

Think I'll stay clear.

I'd like to go through a garage so that I can trade my own bike in. Ride in on that and out on a new bike is the dream.

I've had fairly positive experiences with Megabikes and JP Motorcycles on Pearse st. Don't like Bikeworld. Anyone recommend any other places within a reasonable drive from Dublin?

Shane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

+1 for JP mOTORCYCLES on Pearse streeT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Notch000 wrote: »

I love the selection in there and the prices are usually great. Buuuuuut, I can't in good conscience recommend them. I bought two bikes from them, that were supposedly serviced before hand that had serious problems.

Notch000 wrote: »

I got my bike in JP Motorcycles also and I found them straight and honest to deal with, when I had a small issue it was looked at and dealt with. I also haggled and got a 12mth warranty with a used bike instead of the usual 3 - 6mths.

I would buy off them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭MrScootch

KTRIC wrote: »
    I love the selection in there and the prices are usually great. Buuuuuut, I can't in good conscience recommend them. I bought two bikes from them, that were supposedly serviced before hand that had serious problems.

Did they sort you out when you had problems though? You could just be unlucky with used bikes but it's how they treated you when there was problems is the proper test.
    Not personal experience but have heard good things about JP, and that Tallaght Superbikes should be treated with the same caution as buying privately.
    I had a browse around Megabikes, bit pricey but more than helpful.

On a related note, would anyone buy a bike from City Spares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

If you have a mate who knows his way around bikes I'd advise looking on donedeal & adverts and see what kind of prices you'll get with private sales.

+1 compare - maybe paying a mechanic few € that he can check the bike before your deal is cheaper then go and buy the bike from local dealer. but its your call.

Advertisement