Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEERS O'Connells bar Galway. Probably the best pub in the world.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maybe
    2nd creepiest thing I have ever seen on here!

Bravo :)

OOh, what's the 1st???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

No
    Sacramento wrote: »
    This will be the last beers I'll be able to make before leaving the country, how did June shoot so far in the lead... :(
    Sacramento wrote: »
    Good idea actually :) I'll be gone around June 10th. If I can get the numbers I'll look to have some beers for that. :D

you will deffo get some of us together for a farewell beers. and i'll have to look you up once i get over there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Larianne wrote: »
    OOh, what's the 1st???

<_<
    >_>

Like you don't know! Il PM ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maybe
    <_<
    >_>

Like you don't know! Il PM ya!

Waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Whatever the final date is, it would be great if we could find a hotel that would do a decent group rate. We're coming from Clare and will be staying over night. Last time we stayed in Galway we stayed in the Galway bay hotel, but it's a bit far out without having to take cabs. Any of the city centre hotels I've looked at have been very pricey and I'm not a hostel kind of gal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Larianne wrote: »
    Waiting!

It's a secret...ssssh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Whatever the final date is, it would be great if we could find a hotel that would do a decent group rate. We're coming from Clare and will be staying over night. Last time we stayed in Galway we stayed in the Galway bay hotel, but it's a bit far out without having to take cabs. Any of the city centre hotels I've looked at have been very pricey and I'm not a hostel kind of gal.
    I'm not sure what the set up in the Galway hostels is but many hostels have private ensuite rooms as well. Then you get the best of both worlds, hang out with all the cool young people but can then retire to your private room and have a poo in your own toilet. Their often not that much cheaper than a hotel room though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Loads of high quality, reasonable priced B&B's on College Rd. walking distance from Centre too.

Thanks, but I hate B and B's. They can be very hit and miss and ultimately you just feel like you're sleeping in someone's spare room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Maybe
    Thanks, but I hate B and B's. They can be very hit and miss and ultimately you just feel like you're sleeping in someone's spare room.
    If hotels, hostels and B&B's are out then your only option is to go camping down the Claddagh :p

• Advertisement

The places on college road aren't family homes. They are businesses. Most have their own little reception area and up to 15 rentable rooms. Like a mini hotel with no bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Corrib Village is usually fairly cheap.

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll probably just stay in the Galway bay hotel again.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    If hotels, hostels and B&B's are out then your only option is to go camping down the Claddagh :p
    I stayed 1 night in a tent when I was about 10, hated every second of it. Thankfully my parents decided to hire a mobile home for the rest of the holiday. That was 30 years ago and I still shudder at the thought of camping:D

Looks like it will be June 22nd. Will have to pencil that in to my diary :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

June 22nd suits me perfectly too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Maybe
    I can say with general certainty I will make the June 22nd Beers. No applause necessary, but quite welcome.

No
    I don't know Galway all that well, anyone want to suggest beer venues please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Last time it was O'Connell's, good spot and easy to find.

No
    I can say that I will be doing my damndest to be there on the 22nd :D Who'll be going by train from Duberlin and who'll be motoring it. Canni decide whether to take the motor or train, so it'l depend who else is going by train :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Maybe

Coyote's, you're allowed to dance on the bar.... YOU are allowed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

Maybe

O'Connell's a great spot

Monroes - live music upstairs usually good entertainment

Skeff - I wouldn't really go there normally but it is spacious for groups I believe its also a late bar (could be wrong!)

Anywhere down shop street may not be the best option depending on the size of the gathering! Pubs are good but small would make it difficult to interact and get to know people :D

No
    Does O'Connells have a Late bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

Maybe
    Does O'Connells have a Late bar?

Yes I'm pretty sure it is :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

roisin dubh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Maybe
    Seems I'll be tagging along for this one :)
    Count me in!

No
    Yay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Maybe
    never really post in after hours, but since this is on in galway during june ill probably show up

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

Maybe
    the Skeff has a late bar and its big and spacious good location too, its at eyre square,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Any more love for roisin dubh? Ah good spot! Heated smoking area witha roof...on the roof of the building for you types :p

Advertisement