Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEERS O'Connells bar Galway. Probably the best pub in the world.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

No
    Am considering it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Maybe
    I'll be there,
    I'll be ready,

Never your fear,
    Now dont you fear,

I'll be there,
    Foreverrrrrr and alwayyyyyys im alwaaaaaays here. (Or there, whatever)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Maybe
    We should make this the Official Boardsies 2013 meet-up shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Maybe
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    We should make this the Official Boardsies 2013 meet-up shot.

Hi, my name's Sauve.
    I'll be your drinking buddy for the evening.

That looks bleedin' delish :p

Maybe
    Sauve wrote: »
    Hi, my name's Sauve.
    I'll be your drinking buddy for the evening.

That looks bleedin' delish :p

When I worked in a bar back home it was the default shot when people said "Just give me anything".
    There were some adverse reactions to that I must admit :pac:
    Its grand though. We'll get one another through it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

No
    Did they really call that place "Snoozles?!?" :eek: And I actually live in Galway! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Ew, my rice krispie cakes will never contain fruit. Just Mars bars and Galaxy chocolate. Galactic rice krispie cakes we could call them.

That sounds chocorific!

See you in Galway!

:)

*puts bib on*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Maybe
    I would like to come but I am seriously broke :(. Here's hoping I get rich before then.

No
    If you're going to this would you mind voting in the poll there pretty please, just to give me a rough idea of numbers :)

Ta

No
    I am still fingers crossed. I should be there. Anyone got a couch save me money on a kip place? I'll bring some pre-drink :D :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maybe
    Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I would like to come but I am seriously broke :(. Here's hoping I get rich before then.

Same as.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Maybe
    I'll be driving on my lonesome :(

Have room for 3 if anyones going from dublin, in the cabinteely/carrickmines area or there abouts.

I'll ask closer to the date but the offers there. And i won't scab petrol money, the company will do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've been in Finland for the last 2 months and the 22nd is the day I get back to Galway. Id like to go but I won't know anybody else there. Can we bring non boardsie friends?

No
    MadYaker wrote: »
    I've been in Finland for the last 2 months and the 22nd is the day I get back to Galway. Id like to go but I won't know anybody else there. Can we bring non boardsie friends?

You'll know plenty by the end but yep, all welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Maybe
    MadYaker wrote: »
    Yes. I went to a Galway beers last Saturday and there were people there who were housemates/partners of boardsies. No one knows anyone initially so it makes no difference if they are a boardsie or not. I was a nervous wreck going in and it felt a bit weird asking the staff where the boards/internet table was but once I introduced myself I had a great night overall. It was a great experience and I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Maybe
    ^^ So true. I was at those Galway beers as well, as they are always great fun, I try not to miss any (I usually post on Galway City). Very welcoming.

(Met a really cool girl there who made a beautiful French plait in my hair at the end of the night, loved it :))

Last year I was also an interloper at the GC Galway beers, good times! :D

I suppose ye know where I'm going with this - yeah, I'll be there on the 22nd, too. :o

See ye then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

No
    I might pop along to this havn't been to anything Boardsesque in some time. Can never feicin' find anyone though! It seems impossible to find the group! :confused: But mebbe thas jus me and my confusion! :pac: I remember one day at Bowling actually, most of the others were down near the Bowling part and there was a small group huddled in another corner where the games were, and they were all on their phones and I was sure that was them on the internet on their phones! But then I saw the others but was just about to go over to the wrong group like! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Maybe
    geekychick wrote: »
    ^^ So true. I was at those Galway beers as well, as they are always great fun, I try not to miss any (I usually post on Galway City). Very welcoming.

(Met a really cool girl there who made a beautiful French plait in my hair at the end of the night, loved it
    :))

Last year I was also an interloper at the GC Galway beers, good times! :D

I suppose ye know where I'm going with this - yeah, I'll be there on the 22nd, too. :o

See ye then!
    LOL That was me! Glad you liked it :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Maybe
    :) I know that was you, Paddy Cow, sheesh! :p Was just trying to be all subtle and discrete like... well, now that's done with, so don't blame me when you get a gaggle of people lining up for free hairstyling at the next beers!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

No
    0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I'll be driving on my lonesome :(

Have room for 3 if anyones going from dublin, in the cabinteely/carrickmines area or there abouts.

I'll ask closer to the date but the offers there. And i won't scab petrol money, the company will do :pac:

howdy neighbour ;) SHOTGUN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

F*ck it I'll go so. Lived in Galway all my 22 years and I've never been inside O'Connell's!

No
    Not sure yet which way if any I'd be getting there :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

No
    Ill probably show up at some point as well, was at the Galway beers last weekend and had a good night. Awkward at first trying to find the right group but easy to get talking to people seeing as nobody knows each other

Maybe
    So do we like... come into the bar and just ask "Are you the man/woman I met on the internet?"

No
    So do we like... come into the bar and just ask "Are you the man/woman I met on the internet?"

Nooooooooooo. Never do that. Ever.

Be specific and ask if it's boards.ie

Dude, there are a lot of weirdos on the Internet, you wouldn't want to end up with the wrong crowd :eek:

No

PM someone for their number and meet them outside. Go in, order a drink, sneaky look around for the freaks...you'll spot is in no time!

Maybe
    Guys, guys. I was kidding :P I'll go in with a printed nametag saying "HI MY NAME IS TIMMYCTC" and eagerly walk around till someone notices me :pac:

No
    Guys, guys. I was kidding :P I'll go in with a printed nametag saying "HI MY NAME IS TIMMYCTC" and eagerly walk around till someone notices me :pac:

It happened before :(

Some dude ended up at a swingers table. Could have been worse :D

No
    I reckon Im game ball with a +1.

Anyone know any hotels close enough to the pub??

• Advertisement

Maybe
    I reckon Im game ball with a +1.

Anyone know any hotels close enough to the pub??

Imperial, Skeffington, Meyrick, Victoria I think one is called and emm... The Eyre Square Hotel is another afaik

Advertisement