Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEERS O'Connells bar Galway. Probably the best pub in the world.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Maybe
    MadYaker wrote: »
    Ugh I just realised I have to get up at 6am Finnish time which is 4am Irish time, then get a bus, a plane and another bus. I should be back in Galway around 5 or 6 I think so if others are interested in a few cans beforehand maybe we could arrange to meet somewhere? If I don't just fall asleep and miss the whole thing.
    I nominate this as your karaoke song :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

What are the bye laws like for street drinking in Galway? I'd presume with it being a place full of dirty smelly students and hippies that it's OK?

If its in a plastic glass you usually never get any hassle.

also: just got my rota from work and I can make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Drinking on the street is fine. I've walked past gardai holding a bottle of bucky and they didn't say anything.

As long as you're not acting the arse, then it should be OK to drink in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Maybe
    I like how we've accepted that we will somehow, someway, do karaoke. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Maybe
    As long as you're not acting the arse, then it should be OK to drink in public.

This is pretty much it.

Much like Boards.ie, the rule of thumb in Galway tends to be "Don't be a dick" and you're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

No
    This piss up in Galway, Is there any auld ones/fella's like meself or is this just a young crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Maybe
    All invited! I'm more concerned about everyone else seeming to know each other offline, there anyone else goin that'll know fecking no one?

I've never been to one of these before so I won't know anybody.
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    I like how we've accepted that we will somehow, someway, do karaoke.

I have accepted no such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

Maybe
    wprathead wrote: »
    All invited! I'm more concerned about everyone else seeming to know each other offline, there anyone else goin that'll know fecking no one?

Ya I don't no anyone personally in AH and I'm going.

• Advertisement

No
    wprathead wrote: »

Affirmative.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    This piss up in Galway, Is there any auld ones/fella's like meself or is this just a young crowd?

Whats your definition of auld? I've no idea what age others are. I'm 22.

No
    Whats your definition of auld? I've no idea what age others are. I'm 22.

Ah Sh1te I'm double that.

40s isn't old. Id say be grand, come along anyway.

No
    40s isn't old. Id say be grand, come along anyway.

Ya, think I might bring a female friend along in case I feel out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Maybe
    Ya, think I might bring a female friend along in case I feel out of place.

Or you could bring no one and sink or swim in the Boardsie pool? ;)

Yeah, I don't know anybody going either, and I'll probably go.

No
    jobeenfitz wrote: »

There's usually a pretty good mix of ages attending the beers, I'm not as old as you and not as young as MadYaker :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

No
    I have nothing to wear if I go to this. :/

Whas the story with the glosticks?! :D They sound nice n' shiny n' glittery n' stuff! :) Is it an AH ritual or summat?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Maybe
    There's at least two going who are old enough to be cougars :pac:

No
    There's at least two going who are old enough to be cougars :pac:

:(

What age do you become a cougar?

• Advertisement

Maybe

What age do you become a cougar?

33 if you're going for guys who are 21 or under...... I didn't specify you.... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Galway, beer, cougars and glowsticks.............anything that glows is amazeballs.

Now I'm actually annoyed that I can't make it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Maybe
    33 if you're going for guys who are 21 or under...... I didn't specify you.... :p

Pr1ck! :pac:

Maybe
    what ah time are we gonna kick this all off. Im working till 6.30 in town. Then again at 11.30 the next morning; just so you know youre all responsible for the state I'm serving the kids in on Sunday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Maybe
    I don't think I am coming to this anymore.

No
    what ah time are we gonna kick this all off. Im working till 6.30 in town. Then again at 11.30 the next morning; just so you know youre all responsible for the state I'm serving the kids in on Sunday morning.

I've booked the area for 8pm (if another lovely mod is reading they might add that to the title?) but I'd say there'll be a few on the booze before that.

I only get in from the states the day before so I'll be jet lagged and therefore pissed after one drink!
    Itwasntme. wrote: »

Maybe

Ah now. Bit late to be dropping them bombshells on us. Sure go. And after 4 pints, if ye don't feel up for it, ye can leave then. Whaddaya say?

Maybe
    Got rostered on in work for Saturday, one phonecall full of manic laughter later and I'm no longer working on Saturday... This calls for some Keytar rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Maybe
    Ah now. Bit late to be dropping them bombshells on us. Sure go. And after 4 pints, if ye don't feel up for it, ye can leave then. Whaddaya say?

:) Four pints? I am normally tipsy after two and a half so I imagine by four, I would be telling the barmen I loved them and you would have to drag me out of there. Anyway, it would be a great plan if I lived in Galway but unfortunately, I don't.

• Advertisement

Maybe
    :) Four pints? I am normally tipsy after two and a half so I imagine by four, I would be telling the barmen I loved them and you would have to drag me out of there. Anyway, it would be a great plan if I lived in Galway but unfortunately, I don't.

Well there after 4 if ye aren;t in love with the barman then you can call it a night.
    Well thats graaaaand Just bunk up with someone. Get a hostel with one of the crew travelling over or sleep on our sitting room floor. I think we have a double inflatable airbed lying around.

Advertisement