Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEERS O'Connells bar Galway. Probably the best pub in the world.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Maybe
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    Well there after 4 if ye aren;t in love with the barman then you can call it a night.
    Well thats graaaaand Just bunk up with someone. Get a hostel with one of the crew travelling over or sleep on our sitting room floor. I think we have a double inflatable airbed lying around.

I'll take you up on the sitting room since one of the reasons I don't think I'll make it is because I am broke. But, but, are my barmen (all of them) welcome on your sitting room floor as well? That might be a little teeny bit of an issue dontcha think? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Maybe
    Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I'll take you up on the sitting room since one of the reasons I don't think I'll make it is because I am broke. But, but, are my barmen (all of them) welcome on your sitting room floor as well? That might be a little teeny bit of an issue dontcha think? :)

As long as they clean up after themselves and potentially bring free booze or whatever

Maybe
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    As long as they clean up after themselves and potentially bring free booze or whatever

You are very kind :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

No
    Heard that loads of Barmen in Galway volunteering to work on their night off next Saturday.

Maybe
    jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Heard that loads of Barmen in Galway volunteering to work on their night off next Saturday.

Well, they should. I am going to be generous with my love :).

Okay, this stops now. It was not funny to begin with but now it's just sad :o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

Maybe
    so guys what do ya think the numbers will be going by previous experiences?

No
    Katunga wrote: »
    so guys what do ya think the numbers will be going by previous experiences?

There was at 20+ at the last two so hopefully more of the same!

No
    So the beers is on in O'Connell's Eyre Square which is located here.

We have an outside area reserved, I might keep an eye on the weather and give them a shout later in the week to move that inside?

If anyone is uncomfortable heading in on their own, just post here and we'll arrange pre meet ups etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Joined boards.ie today to find out about nightlife in Galway since I'm visiting this Saturday with a group of friends. couldn't imagine a better way to kick off our visit.

No
    So the beers is on in O'Connell's Eyre Square which is located here.

We have an outside area reserved, I might keep an eye on the weather and give them a shout later in the week to move that inside?

If anyone is uncomfortable heading in on their own, just post here and we'll arrange pre meet ups etc.

I was in O'Connells a couple of months ago and I'm almost sure there is decent canopy cover outside even if we do get a few showers. I think the inside itself can be small enough with the crowd they get. I pass there every day I'm working so I'l go in for a pint tomorrow to check it out. It is a nice pub and a good place to start out as it is close to all the crack in Galway. A trip down Quay Street is a must though, where it all happens and is close to the Spanish Arch where you can drink outsides for those wanting to have a few cheap drinks outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

No
    I've booked the area for 8pm (if another lovely mod is reading they might add that to the title?) but I'd say there'll be a few on the booze before that.

I only get in from the states the day before so I'll be jet lagged and therefore pissed after one drink!

:(

EFF me your coming from the states?! wow i live in forster court in the city centre..i'll feel bad now if i dont make the effort!

also i don't know anybody either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Maybe
    sammyjo90 wrote: »
    EFF me your coming from the states?! wow i live in forster court in the city centre..i'll feel bad now if i dont make the effort!

also i don't know anybody either!

She's on holidays over there :pac: Not coming specifically for the beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

No
    She's on holidays over there :pac: Not coming specifically for the beers.

Ahhh I seeeee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

No
    ok so I don't know where to stay if I come. where are other folk staying, how much does it cost etc (I are skint) and things. still a hmmm

Maybe
    hdowney wrote: »
    ok so I don't know where to stay if I come. where are other folk staying, how much does it cost etc (I are skint) and things. still a hmmm

I think most people are staying at snozzles. Timmyctctctctctctc offered to let some people crash at his place. I don't know if he still has room but I don't think I am going so maybe you could ask him if he'll let you stay on his inflatable air bed thing? :)

No
    The Master wrote: »
    I think it's the 13.25 going down and 13.00 coming back, €37 to book online

I'm getting a price of €70odd

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Maybe
    I only paid €37 when I booked last week, Dublin to Galway

Just checked again and it's only gone up to €44

No idea where you're getting €70 from

No
    what am I putting in wrong so! I have the 13.25 Dublin to galway from heuston Saturday and then the 13.00 galway Dublin on sunday and it is coming in 78.98. what am I doing wrong :(

No
    fixed it. I had a railcard loyalty yokie ticked aswel! prat is me

snoozles is booked out tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Maybe
    hdowney wrote: »
    what am I putting in wrong so! I have the 13.25 Dublin to galway from heuston Saturday and then the 13.00 galway Dublin on sunday and it is coming in 78.98. what am I doing wrong :(
    If you're skint it's cheaper to get the bus. It's only ten euro each way and there's a bus every hour. It only takes two and a half hours which is sometimes quicker than the train. Check out Go Bus and City Link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Gobus or citylink are cheaper and faster than the train. There are tons of hostels in galway, snoozles isn't the only one. Use google.

Maybe
    I'm curious - if buses are cheaper and sometimes faster, why do people use the train?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Maybe
    I'm curious - if buses are cheaper and sometimes faster, why do people use the train?

No
    I hate the bus, personally feel sick on them and the like. train all the way.

wtf is with the dang hostels in galway all seeming to want a min of 2 nights stay :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maybe
    Just pitch a tent! :D

No
    Larianne wrote: »
    Just pitch a tent! :D

I love you Larianne, but NOOOOO. I are NOT tent person

No
    I knew I liked you!!! :) (I think it is the skool comps that that didn't show up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Maybe
    Not everyone knows about City Link and Go Bus. They are quick, cheap, have toilets and wifi and both run a service every hour. If you check Bus Eireann, they can take up to five hours to get to Dublin which would put anyone off. Plus their site is a fcuking nightmare to navigate.

• Advertisement

No
    If money isn't an issue then you just cant beat the train. It's way more comfie and scenic. There are loads of toilets, in the case of smelly unusable ones.There is a table to put your drinks n stuff on. And you can play strip poker to shorten the journey.

Advertisement