Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEERS O'Connells bar Galway. Probably the best pub in the world.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Maybe
    I am convinced this is going to be a great time because I can't make it. Strange, since I normally don't have any fear of missing out :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Maybe
    Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I am convinced this is going to be a great time because I can't make it. Strange, since I normally don't have any fear of missing out :).

But think of all the barmen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

No

Every time I see this username it reminds me of that Shaggy song, "wasn't me"

Caught me on cameera, wasn't me, de doo de da..... great advice if your in trouble.

Maybe
    jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Every time I see this username it reminds me of that Shaggy song, "wasn't me"

Caught me on cameera, wasn't me, de doo de da..... great advice if your in trouble.

Haha. I remember when that song was topping the chats :). Unfortunately, I am a terrible criminal. Every time I have done something naughty, I've got caught with no chance of saying it wasn't me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Maybe
    People, come on the Gobus or citylink, the seats are really comfy, wifi, toilet. Bring some baby wipes in case there is no soap. The Gobus leaves Dublin from quay that Tara st train station is on (come out turn right).

I really want to come but looks like I might have double booked myself that night. Any chance of earlier drinks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

Maybe
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maybe
    Accomodation booked!! \0/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭skinny90

Don't know anyone here but Il drop in for one or two..or 10 :-)

Maybe
    This post has been deleted.
    skinny90 wrote: »
    Don't know anyone here but Il drop in for one or two..or 10 :-)

We should meet up for "pre-'boards beers' beers" so when we go in we can all be like the best of friends and form our own clique in O Connells and scowl at the others and maybe throw a glass at them or somethin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Hi Guys,

This sounds interesting. I assume anybody who has a boards.ie account can drop in ? I will hopefully be around the town Saturday night and will drop in.

I'll be at a bit of a disadvantage as I won't know anybody but I certainly know O'Connells and Galway pretty well :-)

BTW Great choice on both!!

whoopsadaisydoodles ... You have reserved an outside area .. I guess its the back outside area ? (would you believe it, there are two outside areas Front and back, separated by a high wall...)

Also if people are late and trying to link up with the crew etc. might it be a good idea to publish a mobile Phone number etc. or do we just check on here for updates on the night? (just in case the party has moved on to some other watering hole)

• Advertisement

No

whoopsadaisydoodles ... You have reserved an outside area .. I guess its the back outside area ? (would you believe it, there are two outside areas Front and back, separated by a high wall...)

Also if people are late and trying to link up with the crew etc. might it be a good idea to publish a mobile Phone number etc. or do we just check on here for updates on the night? (just in case the party has moved on to some other watering hole)

Hey littlevillage, yup, all welcome! No need to know anyone, you will by the end of the night :)

The area is out the back, it's covered and so should be ok if it rains.

We don't allow posting of mobile number in the forum but yep, I'll update the thread if we move on etc, no bother at all.

No
    FULL DETAILS OF BEERS:

This Saturday, 22nd June, 8pm.
    O'Connell's, Eyre Square, Galway.
    Front, outside area reserved under "boards".

Pub will not hold tables past 8.30pm so if as many of you could get there as close to 8 as possible that would be just marvelous!

If anyone is nervous/wants to meet at the door etc post here or drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Maybe
    All hail the legendary Whoops! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Pity that, Would have been fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

Maybe
    Looking forward to this session!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Anyone up for grub in Boojum beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Thanks Whoppsi.

Looking forward to it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

No
    Ficheall wrote: »

Maaaybee..ive heard their carnitas pork is good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

No
    Ficheall wrote: »

Jesus, how could you drink after a Boojum? I'd be for bed.
    That's the day after food

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have never in my life wished as much as I do right now that I lived in Galway. I am in such a mood for getting properly mouldy drunk as I have not been in a while. I also want to sing maudlin songs in a corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

No friends where you live? Thats sh!t.

No
    kylith wrote: »
    I have never in my life wished as much as I do right now that I lived in Galway. I am in such a mood for getting properly mouldy drunk as I have not been in a while. I also want to sing maudlin songs in a corner.

There will be loads of buskers down Shop Street and Quay Street that will be able and willing to sing with you in the key of mouldy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

MadYaker wrote: »
    No friends where you live? Thats sh!t.
    Let me give you one piece of advice; if you want to keep your friends never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever start going out with one of them.

No
    kylith wrote: »
    Let me give you one piece of advice; if you want to keep your friends never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever start going out with one of them.

Yes just do them all, no-one likes to be left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Here Im loked. When im drunk this seemns like a great idea. but when im sober i reckon itd be no craic when hav to find somewher to drinkin beofre or im not gon to o connels

Edit: ive 3 bottles of wine in my bafg if they break on the way home my clothes are ****ed!

Maybe
    Is anyone else super dooper excited? I'm going to be wearing my finest 3 piece suit and top hat to this most prestigious event.

No
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    Is anyone else super dooper excited? I'm going to be wearing my finest 3 piece suit and top hat to this most prestigious event.

Ah jesus don't do that, then the rest of us will look like poor and boney arsed bogmen.

Maybe

Haha. Would you believe it but I am soooper dooper excited! You'ld think I was coming the amount of times I keep checking this thread to see how events are unfolding :). I thought of asking one of you guys to take videos or loads of photos so I don't feel left out! :D

Maybe
    Haha. Would you believe it but I am soooper dooper excitee! You'ld think I was coming the amount of times I keep checking this thread to see how events are unfolding :). I thought of asking one of you guys to take videos or loads of photos so I don't feel left out! :D

Just come! It'll be grand craic You can take the videos :O

• Advertisement

Maybe
    Just come! It'll be grand craic You can take the videos :O

I can't now for sure but since you were the first to respond to this, the gods demand that you be the designated video and picture taker. :) No good deed goes unpunished I tell you :).

Advertisement