Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEERS O'Connells bar Galway. Probably the best pub in the world.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Maybe
    Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I can't now for sure but since you were the first to respond to this, the gods demand that you be the designated video and picture taker. :) No good deed goes unpunished I tell you :).

Ah but sure. Ad-hoc plans are the best kiddo. Live life on the edge, stare into the barrel of a gun, pee into the wind etc etc.

Moral of the story. Come to the beers or we aren't friends no moar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Maybe
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    Ah but sure. Ad-hoc plans are the best kiddo. Live life on the edge, stare into the barrel of a gun, pee into the wind etc etc.

Moral of the story. Come to the beers or we aren't friends no moar.

Hey! You can't ultimatum me, that's just not fair. Do you think I don't want to pee in the wind? Huh? Huh? I would love to come and I will be wondering all evening about the craic that you will all be having but sadly, I have massive amounts of work to do on account of being the worst procrastinator on the planet.

Maybe
    Hey! You can't ultimatum me, that's just not fair. Do you think I don't want to pee in the wind? Huh? Huh? I would love to come and I will be wondering all evening about the craic that you will all be having but sadly, I have massive amounts of work to do on account of being the worst procrastinator on the planet.

I'm a worserer procrastinator. Do all the work on sunday. You'll be revitalised with hangovers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Maybe
    I'm a worserer procrastinator. Do all the work on sunday. You'll be revitalised with hangovers!

LOL, good one.

Maybe

:pac::pac: You should consider a career in motivational speaking if you haven't already. I am half convinced :).

• Advertisement

Maybe
    :pac::pac: You should consider a career in motivational speaking if you haven't already. I am half convinced :).

Great now lets take that 1/2 convinced and make it convinced and a half. I believe in you, LizT believes in you the real question ItwasntMe is, Do YOU believe in YOU? I think you do but you just don't know it yet. Am I right? Good. I'll see you in o Connells at 7.30 for pre boards beers beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

For those not familar with galway Its easier get to galway by bus but depends where you coming from sometimes train is easier but destination the same. Bus station and train station same location and easy to walk on foot from there in city. Your at the heart of it. Enjoy the beers. Maybe i make it some other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So what happens AH when everybody's in Galway? :eek:

*shudders with fear*

If I had money it'd be tempting but accommodation and transport would be a good €80 and that's rather conservative. Plus ye're internetz peoples, ye could be crazy, crazy I tells ya! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

No
    doovdela wrote: »
    For those not familar with galway Its easier get to galway by bus but depends where you coming from sometimes train is easier but destination the same. Bus station and train station same location and easy to walk on foot from there in city. Your at the heart of it. Enjoy the beers. Maybe i make it some other time.

For those that get go bus or city link its a different building, still only a 2min walk to the pub though

Maybe

*shudders with fear*

If I had money it'd be tempting but accommodation and transport would be a good €80 and that's rather conservative. Plus ye're internetz peoples, ye could be crazy, crazy I tells ya! :eek:

Crazy is relative :)

• Advertisement

Maybe

*shudders with fear*

You can hear the silence in AH when people are having the craic at the beers. Are you scared yet? It's going to be cold and dark in here. I would be scared if I were you.

No

*shudders with fear*

But you're a crazy Internet person, be grand.

Maybe
    Seriously though, if there's anyone reading and they're in two minds about going, just come! Beers are always great craic, I've never heard anyone say they've had a bad night at a boards beers.

And if it is bad, sure just get drunk, be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yup I am a crazy person, that's why I'm scared. I have many activities lined up. Watch the rugby. Go to cinema. Play computer games. I don't need AH.

Hey you, yeah you. Don't look at me like that, stahp it.

Maybe
    Do we know what the plan is after O connells yet or is it ad-hoc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Maybe
    I say we decide in there, drunken plans always the best plans

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

Maybe
    after O'connells maybe the keys?

No
    This time tomorrow we'll all be well on it! woohoo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maybe
    MadYaker wrote: »
    Here Im loked. When im drunk this seemns like a great idea. but when im sober i reckon itd be no craic when hav to find somewher to drinkin beofre or im not gon to o connels

Edit: ive 3 bottles of wine in my bafg if they break on the way home my clothes are ****ed!

Save yourself for tomorrow FFS!!!
    Is anyone else super dooper excited? I'm going to be wearing my finest 3 piece suit and top hat to this most prestigious event.

So excited! I haven't been to Galway in 9 years! A disgrace!!
    LizT wrote: »
    Seriously though, if there's anyone reading and they're in two minds about going, just come! Beers are always great craic, I've never heard anyone say they've had a bad night at a boards beers.

And if it is bad, sure just get drunk, be grand.

I am normal. Seriously. I'll tell you who to stay away from :pac:
    That might only be two people because I don't know most going. :D
    Never had a bad time at a beers (well except for a mod beers, till towards the end, but this ain't that so no worries :) )

Maybe
    Larianne wrote: »
    I am normal. Seriously. I'll tell you who to stay away from :pac:
    That might only be two people because I don't know most going. :D

I know the 2 people you're talking about...

Micky and whoopsa, isn't it? Weirdos...

• Advertisement

Maybe
    sammyjo90 wrote: »
    This time tomorrow we'll all be well on it! woohoo :D

The Flatliner is the official Shot of AH beers 2013. As designated by..me.

:pac:

Maybe
    LizT wrote: »
    I know the 2 people you're talking about...

Micky and whoopsa, isn't it? Weirdos...

Oh, I actually know 5 people! :pac:

They're grand. Everyone else - weirdos, until proven otherwise!!

Edit: Actually I'm confusing myself here (excuse me, I've had two drinks!) People I know, sound, everyone else, maybe.. err on the side of caution!

No
    The Flatliner is the official Shot of AH beers 2013. As designated by..me.

:pac:

Sambuca, tequila and Tabasco...well two outta three aint bad I spose! Put me down for one as a taster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Looks like I'm in. That gives me lots to sort in the morning. :/

Maybe
    Chinpool wrote: »
    Looks like I'm in. That gives me lots to sort in the morning. :/

Bus - tenner
    Park bench - free
    Clean shirt/socks/trousers/underwear(optional)/shoes - be grand!

Oh don't forget your toothbrush! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Larianne wrote: »
    Bus - tenner
    Park bench - free
    Clean shirt/socks/trousers/underwear(optional)/shoes - be grand!

Oh don't forget your toothbrush! ;)

We'll call that plan....eh....d?

No
    I'm still a maybe. Right now I'm on Florida time. Though I did buy baby ruths and butter fingers (heh) for the party.

Maybe
    Chinpool wrote: »
    We'll call that plan....eh....d?

I'm sure you'll have time to make a packed lunch! :pac:

I'm sure if you're stuck, someone will offer you their floor! :)

Maybe
    I'm still a maybe. Right now I'm on Florida time. Though I did buy baby ruths and butter fingers (heh) for the party.

Would ya go and shíte! Maybe my ass!

• Advertisement

Maybe

The sweet shop I work in in town sells those. So..I could just get them.. there.. or whatever... :pac:

Advertisement